Will you still be riding when you're......

Old January 11th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Will you still be riding when you're......

This thread is primarily geared to riders 20 years old and under, and
for those who have already achieved a fairly high level of riding. This
can include MUni, Trials, Street and/or flat.

*Question:* Do you think you will still be riding at your current
level, below or above, into your 30's, 40's, 50's or beyond? Do you
think you might simply "burn yourself out" after a certain amount of
years doing extreme riding? And at what about what age do you think you
might start "slowing down", and your skills, stamina and drive either
start diminishing, or you might make the decision to take things a bit
more easy.

Ok Let's hear from you!

--
MuniAddict

'Terry's \\\"MUni Minute\\\" '
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)'in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)
::'-Speedpass- in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7dM-v3dOs&fmt=22)

'UniGeezer.com ' (http://unigeezer.com)
::
Old January 11th 09, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

I'll never quit. I'm not sure how long I'll last doing Flat and
Street(probably until I'm like 20-25), but I'll be doing muni as long as
I can.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 11th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Untill I die.

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old January 11th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I wouldn't consider my riding to be at a high level but I believe I will
still be doing distance rides and MUni for many years to come.

I might slow down physically a bit but I think that technique gained
with experience will more than make up for it.

--
saskatchewanian
Old January 11th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I don't really know. I kinda agree with Eric though.
But I'm probably going to quit riding, or at least doing extreme stuff,
after I get married and start teaching and doing more shows and
everything.
So it dosn't really matter to me. XD

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-So hot! If I was gay, id want an aryan guy, but im not, so I
want a sexy aryan girl.-~Jerrick

-what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to see
him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni

-hinunggbinu!!!-
~JJtheunicycle
Old January 11th 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samwii

Umm... I would like to think until my life ends... but I can't imagine a
156 year old riding (you read it correctly lol)
So I don't know TBH.

--
samwii

I have a roundcrown frame
there you go maestro8...
Old January 11th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Now I'm wondering if I had never taken 40+ years off from riding! If I'd
continued from then on, would I have lost interest, burned myself out,
racked up too many injuries, or worse?

A heck of a lot of changes take place during 40 years of living, not to
mention continuous, almost daily hardcore riding! As it stands now, I
really only have a little over three years of continuous riding, and
only about one year way back in like 1966/67. Thoughts to ponder,
indeed.

Old January 11th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

I'm probably a bit older than Terry was thinking, and I don't claim to
be that good at it, but having discovered unicycling relatively recently
(about five or six years ago) I hope I'll be able to carry on doing it
for some time yet - certainly into my 50s, and hopefully even longer.
My dad was still cycling to work until he retired, so genetically I
think I've got a reasonable chance.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old January 11th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Yeah since I have so much "lost time" to make up for, I feel like I've
only just begun in a lot of ways haha. I can see myself riding pretty
much like I do now for at least another 10 years, then maybe back off
the more extreme stuff since the old bones are more fragile lol.

Old January 11th 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hugo_Duguay

I think I will always be riding, just not in the same riding style.

I will probably be concentrating my riding like that :

16-30 years old : Street/Flat
30-40 years old : Trials
40-50 years old : Muni
50 + years old : Distance

-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

Best online unicycle store : 'Municycle.ca' (www.municycle.ca)
!

I dream of Luke Collalto !

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !

Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods hizark21 Racing 20 July 29th 08 06:30 AM
riding sif robdizzle Unicycling 11 September 10th 07 02:27 AM
Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 December 20th 06 03:49 AM
Speed averages between trail riding and road riding Brian Walker General 5 September 21st 05 12:39 AM
There's no riding like snow riding... Jonesy Mountain Biking 5 January 3rd 04 05:26 AM