Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

Old January 12th 09, 06:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

I was riding my 36er along a bike path earlier today, when I was stopped
by a cop-but there was something about this guy that just didn't seem
right. Long story short, he took some info, gave me a slip of paper and
said he was going to impound my 36er, and that I would have to wait 48
hours "claim it"! I'm thinking WTF!!!

Luckily, I had a friend tracking me with my camcorder while I was
riding, and he kept filming as this all happened! (Apparently the cop
either didn't notice it or didn't care that this was being filmed!
Out-FREAKING-rageous!

'*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjMk4IvWew&fmt=22*
' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjMk4IvWew&fmt=22)

--
MuniAddict

'Terry's \\\"MUni Minute\\\" '
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)'in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)
::'-Speedpass- in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7dM-v3dOs&fmt=22)

'UniGeezer.com ' (http://unigeezer.com)
::
Old January 12th 09, 06:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

... Damn dude... That sucks!

F*cking pigs!

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

Inventor of the Slapflip.

BillyTheMountain for President 2012
Old January 12th 09, 06:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

peleschramm;1169189 wrote:
... Damn dude... That sucks!

F*cking pigs!

Haha, did you watch the video?

Old January 12th 09, 06:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

lol terry

--
Tyler_N

*uniproshop.com*
'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWXrpx-vnc)
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old January 12th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

MuniAddict;1169190 wrote:
Haha, did you watch the video?

Yes

Old January 12th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1radler

haha that was really funny

i liked it

-Raphael

--
1radler

*_Unicycle.tv (\"http://www.unicycle.tv\")_*
*'*------------------------------------------*:Sponsored
by:*------------------------------------------*,*
*_Unicycle-Tirol.at (\"http://www.unicycle-tirol.at\")_*
')-720unispin-O'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2437158)
Old January 12th 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

MuniAddict;1169187 wrote:
I was riding my 36er along a bike path earlier today, when I was stopped
by a cop-but there was something about this guy that just didn't seem
right. Long story short, he took some info, gave me a slip of paper and
said he was going to impound my 36er, and that I would have to wait 48
hours "claim it"! I'm thinking WTF!!!

That's not funny. The same thing happened to me but for real- Toni
Haggart, a local community constable (police) impounded my expensive
unicycle under the false assumption that it was a skateboard under the
local council bylaw. I paid to get it back as I was on my way to the
juggling festival, but the second time they impounded it I refused to
pay, and I got it back eventually without paying. This was 6 years ago,
and I asked the Police Complaints authority to get her to give me an
apology, and they wouldn't. Lately she has been threatening other
unicyclists about not riding in town, even though none of the applicable
laws have changed.

--
Rowan
Old January 12th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
44hbe07es99

is 'runescape powerleveling' (http://www.powerleveling-runescape.com)
safe??every one know.

--
44hbe07es99

Old January 12th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Tyler_N;1169191 wrote:
lol terry

Thanks I put a lot of time and effort into it. I actually had to post an
ad to hire an "actor who can also ride a unicycle". So this was by far
my most elaborate and co$tly production, lol.

1radler;1169198 wrote:
haha that was really funny

i liked it

-Raphael

Thanks I appreciate it!

Rowan;1169245 wrote:
...Toni Haggart, a local community constable (police) impounded my
expensive unicycle under the false assumption that it was a skateboard
under the local council bylaw....Lately she has been threatening other
unicyclists about not riding in town, even though none of the applicable
laws have changed.

Sorry to here that. I'm glad you got it back. I too have been unjusly
harassed by cops in the past, but I believe it's so important to have a
sense of humor, and this was all in fun, and my way also of lampooning
the way police can sometimes overstep and bully people. I'm happy that
most seem to like my video. It was totally for laughs. Here are some of
the YT comments that make me feel it was worth the time and $ to make:

vanpaun :
Ahahahahahaha! 5 stars, and a favorite! Your a comedic genius!

monocyclism :
I was firmly convinced it was for real! You couldn't have pulled it off
without such professional acting!

rollerblader59:
hahahahahahahahah

berehed :
i think this in yur best video ever terry!
5 stars

Old January 12th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Here are some pics of the props I used. Making the helmet was a
challenge and my favorite prop. It's also how the idea started haha.

30972

30973

30974

30975

|Filename: DSC07188.JPG |

MuniAddict

'Terry's \\\"MUni Minute\\\" '
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)'in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)
::'-Speedpass- in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7dM-v3dOs&fmt=22)

'UniGeezer.com ' (http://unigeezer.com)
::

What 36er should I buy? SamGoodburn Unicycling 13 December 21st 08 12:11 AM
Simplicity: a 16mm film experimental unicycle film Jester2000 Unicycling 16 December 17th 08 07:59 PM
36er or BC T.M.C. Unicycling 17 November 10th 08 12:54 AM
Short film (with unicycle) for apple film festival - please rate! Jester2000 Unicycling 13 December 6th 06 10:59 PM
"Numero Uno" wins best film at MTB film festival! TonyMelton Unicycling 24 March 2nd 05 06:46 AM