Some questions about street theater.

Old January 13th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eccycycler

Default Some questions about street theater.

Hey there peeps me and a frend of mine are considering going on a trip
doing alot of busking in our capital city. I inted to do some tricks on
my unicycle but i have this question.

Have you ever done street theater, if you did how did it pan out, did
you earn very much and most importantely what tricks could you do at the
time?

Im most interested in the latter because i realy need to no what
sort of trick base i need to have achieved before i set out.
Thanx very much for whatever replys i get.

--
Eccycycler

-Josh Pear Wirz-

Flatlandyling is pretty great
: ) : C O N F U S E D : :-e-e-k-:-:-m-a-d-:- : c o o l : : p
::::
Old January 13th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

Watch other buskers.

You need enough to do about a 20 min show.
Have something that will gather a crowd.
Do a routine or two and then finish big and pass a hat.
Get people involved in the show.
Even if the tricks are easy...make them look hard.
Use fire if you are allowed.
Have some jokes...it's more about being entertaining than about being
skilled.

I'm sure someone will link the Busker site with a lot of good tips.
Have fun...you can make $2 to $200 a show easily.

good luck.

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)
Old January 13th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

1, go to covent gardens! People go there to see the buskers. You will
get the best crowd there. You might want to check if you need a permit
or something though.

2, keep the audience entertained

3, do what bondo said! you'll bring in at least £200 I reckon.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old January 14th 09, 10:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Giraffes (tall unicycles) are always a big hit. I'm currently in Sydney,
Australia busking over the holidays and it's been decent. About a 30
minute show with juggling, fire, unicycle tricks, jump roping, jumping
over an audience member and ending with a 12 foot unicycle. Search the
forums and you'll find other threads about this and other links to help
you out. Don't have much time to give you tips/tricks but it's all about
entertaining the crowd and not the tricks. You could do one or two
tricks and make the same or more, than doing 30 tricks, as long as you
make the audience laugh and keep them entertained. Practice makes
perfect. Watch some youtube videos as you might get some ideas....

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old January 14th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rachael

Eccycycler;1169990 wrote:
Hey there peeps me and a frend of mine are considering going on a trip
doing alot of busking in our capital city. I inted to do some tricks on
my unicycle but i have this question.

Have you ever done street theater, if you did how did it pan out, did
you earn very much and most importantely what tricks could you do at the
time?

Im most interested in the latter because i realy need to no what
sort of trick base i need to have achieved before i set out.
Thanx very much for whatever replys i get.

Do you have a licence? In some places in the UK you will need one to be
allowed to busk. You need to have a solid routine. Its not as easy as it
always looks. There are many crowd building techniques you should look
into. Building the crowd is important. Without the crowd you have no
act. Sometimes the best street theatre acts have the least amount of
tricks in them.

--
Rachael

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
Old January 14th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

I think street theater is one of the last, great arts you can't really
learn.
Tips and suggestions might help you think in the right direction, but
nothing will convince you of an effective crowd-building technique like
a big crowd, nothing will convince you of the appropriateness of a joke
like a crowd guffawing with laughter and nothing nwill teach you about
passing the hat like a full hat.

So go out there, make the mistakes, learn from them, and don't do 'em
again.

A friend of mine recently did this across the USA and shared with me
what he felt was his most important lesson from the adventure.

"When there's snow on the ground, I ate oatmeal for breakfast, lunch
and supper."

Have fun, share the fun, the hat will look after itself.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)