Rear kickstand

Old February 6th 18, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Rear kickstand

http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Thanks,
Andy
Old February 6th 18, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/6/2018 12:01 PM, Andy wrote:
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

For what wheel size? 285 is the standard one for most bikes.
Interestingly, a 26x2.0 and a 700-30 are very close to the
the same axle height and a 285 does both without cutting.
Kickstands may be trimmed if too long, directions on/in package.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 6th 18, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

"Andy" wrote in message
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Watch which way the bike falls over when you put it on the
stand.....................

Old February 7th 18, 07:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 06/02/18 22:09, Ian Field wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Watch which way the bike falls over when you put it on the
stand.....................

LOL! Harsh but true. I gave up on kickstands for that reason, although
the BB mounted ones seem quite good.

https://www.amazon.com/Pletscher-Dou...000FR33ZM?th=1
Old February 12th 18, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 12:42:59 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/6/2018 12:01 PM, Andy wrote:
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

For what wheel size? 285 is the standard one for most bikes.
Interestingly, a 26x2.0 and a 700-30 are very close to the
the same axle height and a 285 does both without cutting.
Kickstands may be trimmed if too long, directions on/in package.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971