Integrated bb's and cranks

Old May 4th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sandy

Default Integrated bb's and cranks

Something I just can't get a clear picture of :
With the new confections of external bb bearings and their associated
cranks, are BSC cranks interchangeable in Italian bb cups and vice versa ?
If it's a silly question to you, I'm not surprised, considering its source.

--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Old May 4th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

Sandy wrote:
Something I just can't get a clear picture of :
With the new confections of external bb bearings and their associated
cranks, are BSC cranks interchangeable in Italian bb cups and vice versa ?
If it's a silly question to you, I'm not surprised, considering its source.

I would be very surprised if they were not interchangeable. I
installed quite a few BSA external BB bearings and once they are in the
BB shell I can't see anything special looking at the cranks.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu (http://www.nb.nu)
Old May 4th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sandy

Dans le message de ,
Lou Holtman a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
Sandy wrote:
Something I just can't get a clear picture of :
With the new confections of external bb bearings and their associated
cranks, are BSC cranks interchangeable in Italian bb cups and vice
versa ? If it's a silly question to you, I'm not surprised,
considering its source.

I would be very surprised if they were not interchangeable. I
installed quite a few BSA external BB bearings and once they are in
the BB shell I can't see anything special looking at the cranks.

Lou

I wondered about axle length.

Old May 4th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

Sandy wrote:
Something I just can't get a clear picture of :
With the new confections of external bb bearings and their associated
cranks, are BSC cranks interchangeable in Italian bb cups and vice
versa ? If it's a silly question to you, I'm not surprised,
considering its source.

I would be very surprised if they were not interchangeable. I
installed quite a few BSA external BB bearings and once they are in
the BB shell I can't see anything special looking at the cranks.

Lou

I wondered about axle length.

There are always some spacers included. I had to use one for a Ultegra
FC6603 triple crankset I installed last week.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu (http://www.nb.nu)
Old May 4th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Sandy wrote:
Something I just can't get a clear picture of :
With the new confections of external bb bearings and their associated
cranks, are BSC cranks interchangeable in Italian bb cups and vice versa ?
If it's a silly question to you, I'm not surprised, considering its source.

not silly. In Campagnolo one crank/spindle slips into either BSC or ITA
cups. The cup thickness allows for 68 or 70mm shells.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old May 5th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On May 4, 8:00 am, "Sandy" wrote:
Something I just can't get a clear picture of :
With the new confections of external bb bearings and their associated
cranks, are BSC cranks interchangeable in Italian bb cups and vice versa ?
If it's a silly question to you, I'm not surprised, considering its source.

--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR
--
Il n'est aucune sorte de sensation qui soit plus vive
que celle de la douleur ; ses impressions sont sûres,
elles ne trompent point comme celles du plaisir.
- de Sade.

Yes, take any crank, use the applicable BB cups for the frame...but
there are not BSC or ITL cranks, yet.