JUST SAY NO !!!

Old June 22nd 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Default JUST SAY NO !!!

As did the ACCPI, today.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070622_130327Dev.html

The kettle is getting hot.

--
"Le Vin est la plus saine et la plus hygiénique des boissons."
- Louis Pasteur

Old June 22nd 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 22, 1:39 pm, "Sandy" wrote:
As did the ACCPI, today.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070622_130327Dev.html

«il est arrivé que ce soit les équipes qui imposent aux coureurs le
soi-disant dopage d'équipe. Seulement, selon l'UCI, c'est toujours et
seulement le coureur qui doit payer..»

Old June 22nd 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 22, 8:47 am, wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:39 pm, "Sandy" wrote:

As did the ACCPI, today.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070622_130327Dev.html

«il est arrivé que ce soit les équipes qui imposent aux coureurs le
soi-disant dopage d'équipe. Seulement, selon l'UCI, c'est toujours et
seulement le coureur qui doit payer..»

The whole idea is so stupid. I suspect the idjit lawyer who suggested
it lifted the idea from a facetious (or fascist) posting on a
newsgroup.

Old June 22nd 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cyrus De Kline

On Jun 22, 2:56 pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:47 am, wrote:

On Jun 22, 1:39 pm, "Sandy" wrote:

As did the ACCPI, today.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070622_130327Dev.html

«il est arrivé que ce soit les équipes qui imposent aux coureurs le
soi-disant dopage d'équipe. Seulement, selon l'UCI, c'est toujours et
seulement le coureur qui doit payer..»

The whole idea is so stupid. I suspect the idjit lawyer who suggested
it lifted the idea from a facetious (or fascist) posting on a
newsgroup.

I hope it was not a lawyer who suggested the idea in the first place.
As far as contracts go, this paper will not hold up in any court, and
a lawyer should know this.
But it will certainly generate a Landis-sized legal battle the first
time a rider who signed it gets caught.
And yes, one of them will get caught sooner or later.
Generating a lot of work for lawyers involved.
Meaning that maybe it _was_ a lawyer who suggested it after all...

But that basically sums my opinion about it:
It's a lame PR initiative before the upcoming tour.
And it will force more riders into legal battles.
Instead of the situation we had befo
"I took the stuff, I got caught, I accept my 6 months suspesion over
the winter pause, see you next year, etc"
we will see even more of Landis, Tyler & Co who deny everything,
because the financial threshold to come clean has increased.

Old June 22nd 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

"Sandy" writes:

As did the ACCPI, today.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20070622_130327Dev.html

The kettle is getting hot.

--
"Le Vin est la plus saine et la plus hygiénique des boissons."
- Louis Pasteur

Tee, Hee

I thought yesterday that that might happen

But the thread got all firked up with some Spartacus character

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply