Prize

Old July 28th 04, 10:30 PM
Jim & Meg

Default Prize

Does anyone know what or if there is a prize for winning Le Tour De France?

Thanks,

Jim

Old July 28th 04, 10:49 PM
Derek Hodges

"Jim & Meg" wrote in message
Does anyone know what or if there is a prize for winning Le Tour De

France?

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, the winner gets to have sex with Sheryl Crow.

Old July 29th 04, 01:46 AM
Doug Huffman

and...gets paid for it too.

Old July 29th 04, 01:46 AM
Doug Huffman

Old July 29th 04, 02:09 AM
Werehatrack

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:49:21 -0400, "Derek Hodges"
wrote:

"Jim & Meg" wrote in message
Does anyone know what or if there is a prize for winning Le Tour De

France?

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, the winner gets to have sex with Sheryl Crow.

Okay, it took me a minute to recall why this is actually true, at
least *this* year.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Old July 29th 04, 03:27 AM
Monty

from
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...d=features/FAQ

One Euro is currently worth US$1.00654

How much money does the Tour winner get?
In 2002, the winner took home 335,390 Euro (out of a total prize pool of
1,854,035 Euro) or rather, he didn't. Because it's impossible to win the
Tour de France without the assistance of a team, the winner traditionally
divides his winnings among the team. In 2004 whoever wins will have 400,000
Euro tohand out, and a totalof three million Euro is up for grabs across all
the categories.

There's a lot of prize money at stake in the Tour de France, then, and not
simply for the final winner. Money is awarded in individual stages down to
25th place, with the exception of the team time trial, as only 21 teams are
in the race. Daily prizes are given to the leader of each jersey
competition, and each points or mountain sprint carries its own prizes for
the first three across the line. Additional prizes are awarded each day to
the most aggressive rider (Prix de la Combativite), as well as special
primes throughout the race.

Finally, bonuses aren't just available to those who win. A special prize of
1,500 Euro per rider is given to each team that finishes with at least 7 of
its 9 riders.

Here's a brief look at how some of the classifications paid in 2002:

Prologue

1st 3,810 Euro
2nd 1,525
3rd 760
4th 455
5th 390

Road Stage/Individual Time Trial

1st 7,620 Euro
2nd 4,000
3rd 2,000
4th 1,200
5th 830

Team Time Trial

1st 15,000 Euro
2nd 7,500
3rd 4,300
4th 3,900
5th 3,600

Prize for each green jersey sprint or HC mountain climb

1st 762 Euro
2nd 457
3rd 305

Daily prize for yellow, green, polka dot, and white jerseys: 305 Euro

Final Individual Classification

1st 335,390 Euro
2nd 167,495
3rd 91,470
4th 60,979
5th 41,923

Final Classification: Green, Polka Dot Jerseys

1st 22,867 Euro
2nd 15,245
3rd 7,622

Final Classification: White Jersey

1st 18,294 Euro
2nd 13,720
3rd 9,147

One Euro is currently worth US$1.00654, UKŁ0.642266, Yen 117.267,
Can$1.54967, Au$1.82520 and 27.5341 Haiti Gourdes"Jim & Meg"

Old July 29th 04, 05:41 AM
Terry Morse

Monty wrote:

One Euro is currently worth US$1.00654

That's pretty far off, from xe.com on 7/28/04:

1 Euro = 1.20552 USD.

Better exchange rate than it was a few months ago, but still not
very good.