3rd party liability insurance

Old March 31st 04, 07:09 PM
Roz Holmes

Default 3rd party liability insurance

Hello,

Bike owning newbie here, apologies for barging into your ng ;-)

I own a 2nd hand cheap and nasty Raleigh mountain bike for the purpose
of to-ing and fro-ing a skint student in Nottingham.
I've had a couple of prangs, both completely my fault and all
injuries/damage only involved me. In the first one I hit another car,
involved the police/ambulance etc. So now I'm thinking that i should
really have 3rd party liability. I realise you can get it through
membership of clubs like British Cycling, but I wondered if there was a
way for me to just get this insurance alone, and whether it would be
cheaper. I'm too busy with my degree to read all the gumph a club would
send me, and not particularly interested in racing or blah de blah.
Although I guess they will probably do good things with my wonga.

TIA.

Roz.

P.S. Any cunning way to prevent your bar ends from getting swiped?

Old March 31st 04, 07:21 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

If you join the CTC, standard membership is £30.50 and Under 26 is only £11

For your membership what you get includes: -

Free £5m third party insurance
Free cycling related legal advice
Discounts at shops, travel firms and cycle hire centres
Cycle specific travel insurance
Cycle Rescue service
Bi-monthly magazine (worth £18)

So your money is well-spent, and the CTC is much cheaper than joining British
Cycling - and if you aren't doing BC races, prob CTC membership is more up your
street, I would have thought.

www.ctc.org.uk

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old March 31st 04, 07:23 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Roz Holmes wrote:

Hello,

Bike owning newbie here, apologies for barging into your ng ;-)

I own a 2nd hand cheap and nasty Raleigh mountain bike for the purpose
of to-ing and fro-ing a skint student in Nottingham.
I've had a couple of prangs, both completely my fault and all
injuries/damage only involved me. In the first one I hit another car,
involved the police/ambulance etc. So now I'm thinking that i should
really have 3rd party liability. I realise you can get it through
membership of clubs like British Cycling, but I wondered if there was a
way for me to just get this insurance alone, and whether it would be
cheaper.

What you want is CTC membership. It's probably cheaper than anywhere
else, you get a nice magazine 6 times a year and a free sticker :-)

http://www.ctc.org.uk
Old March 31st 04, 07:34 PM
Roz Holmes

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message

Under 26 is only £11

Wooo, bargain!
Cheers guys :-)

Roz - off back to uk.rec.equestrian ;-)

Old March 31st 04, 07:56 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:09:01 +0000 (UTC), "Roz Holmes"
wrote in message
lgate.org:

I'm thinking that i should
really have 3rd party liability.

CTC or a local bike club. CTC membership gives you £5m 3rd party
cover, from memory. Plus a reely good magazine.

--
Guy
===

Old March 31st 04, 08:55 PM
JohnB

If you join the CTC, standard membership is £30.50 and Under 26 is only £11

For your membership what you get includes: -

Cycle Rescue service

What's this?

John B
Old March 31st 04, 10:56 PM
Richard Bates

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:09:01 +0000 (UTC), in
lgate.org, "Roz
Holmes" wrote:

P.S. Any cunning way to prevent your bar ends from getting swiped?

Get a racer!

--

Personal Site:
www.artybee.net (same crap, different layout)
Old April 1st 04, 07:49 AM
NC

Roz Holmes wrote:
"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message

Under 26 is only £11

Wooo, bargain!
Cheers guys :-)

Check the small print.... There was an issue a while back that the
discounted membership didn't give all the standard membership benefits.

I can't remember which way it fell (ie. did the discount include the
insurance scheme) but check....

- Nigel

--
NC - Webmaster for http://www.2mm.org.uk/
Replies to newsgroup postings to the newsgroup please.

Old April 1st 04, 08:13 AM
Richard Goodman

"Roz Holmes" wrote in message
news:e7f65494ebef8138004afdf1274ac38c.19225@mygate .mailgate.org...
Hello,

Bike owning newbie here, apologies for barging into your ng ;-)

I own a 2nd hand cheap and nasty Raleigh mountain bike for the purpose
of to-ing and fro-ing a skint student in Nottingham.
I've had a couple of prangs, both completely my fault and all
injuries/damage only involved me. In the first one I hit another car,
involved the police/ambulance etc. So now I'm thinking that i should
really have 3rd party liability.

Oh don't do it! If you get third-party liability insurance that will
certainly increase your likelihood of a prang because of risk-compensation

Rich

Old April 1st 04, 10:32 AM
Colin Blackburn

wrote:

Hello,

Bike owning newbie here, apologies for barging into your ng ;-)

I own a 2nd hand cheap and nasty Raleigh mountain bike for the purpose
of to-ing and fro-ing a skint student in Nottingham.
I've had a couple of prangs, both completely my fault and all
injuries/damage only involved me. In the first one I hit another car,
involved the police/ambulance etc. So now I'm thinking that i should
really have 3rd party liability. I realise you can get it through
membership of clubs like British Cycling, but I wondered if there was a
way for me to just get this insurance alone, and whether it would be
cheaper. I'm too busy with my degree to read all the gumph a club would
send me, and not particularly interested in racing or blah de blah.
Although I guess they will probably do good things with my wonga.

Check two things first. Do you have any contents insurance? These policies
sometimes include third party liabilty. If not, do you know if you are
covered via your parents' insurance, you may be and it may include third
party liability.

Colin

More On Auto Insurance BretCahill Techniques 32 November 15th 03 04:57 PM
3rd Party Insurance? Balin, Son of Fundi UK 5 October 27th 03 07:30 PM
my parents are okay (hurricaine) Monique Y. Herman Mountain Biking 53 September 22nd 03 09:18 PM
Holiday insurance avec velo Lee UK 2 September 22nd 03 08:25 AM
Bike Insurance Disgruntled Goat UK 3 July 18th 03 08:44 AM