WTB: Flat bar road bike parts

Old July 27th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Bill Graham

Default WTB: Flat bar road bike parts

It's been a few years since I hung out on this group. Glad it's still going
strong. Hopefully I'll be able to run into some of the folks I used to buy
and sell with.

I've got an old Diamondback Momentum for my wife. She's not big into the
raod bike posture, and primarily wants to focus on riding paved trails with
our kids, so I thought I'd convert this bike to a flat bar set-up. These
parts will be available:

Centurion bar/stem
Shimano Exage Motion brake levers, aero w/ white hoods
Shimano SL-A400 downtube shifters, 7 speed
And possibly cranks/rings which are 40/52 Biopace Shimano FC-A400

All of the stuff is nearly new. The bike looks like it was stored, but never
ridden.

Pics are he http://www.violinobasso.net/diamondback/

What I'll need:

1" quill MTB stem, 90mm or 100mm (very little rise)
Flat MTB bar
7 speed thumb shifters in good condition (I don't want to do Gripshift or
Rapidfire)
Brake levers
MTB grips

I'm probably just going to run one ring up front. If that's the case, I'll
have two close-to-mint Biopace chainrings available, or maybe trade for a
non-Biopace rig.

Ultimately I want to trade for what I need, at close to the same quality and
condition, keeping it as simple as possible.

Thanks for looking,

Bill Graham

Flat Bar Road Bike Ian[_2_] Techniques 22 July 8th 07 11:43 AM
New Flat Bar Road Bike TJ Australia 13 May 10th 06 12:27 AM
Hybrid vs Flat Bar Road bike ~R General 0 September 10th 05 12:37 PM
Hybrid vs Flat Bar Road bike Bill Henry General 2 September 9th 05 10:37 PM
Flat bar on road bike - possible? Me Techniques 22 April 20th 04 07:40 PM