Sidi Genius Buckles: Will new replacements for Genius 5 fit oldGenius 2?

Old January 9th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Nystrom

Default Sidi Genius Buckles: Will new replacements for Genius 5 fit oldGenius 2?

Brian Nystrom wrote:
wrote:
Subject kinda says it all.

I have a favorite pair of Sidi Genius 2's where the buckle just gave
up the ghost. All I see around are Sidi Ultra SL replacement buckles
for the Genius 5 (and up).

Will they fit my current Genius 2's (I guess namely the attachment
screw)? Will they fit the straps on my Genius 2's?

Thanks in advance,

plasticman

The new buckles will fit, but the new straps won't and the new buckles
won't work with the old straps. If you want the new buckle system,
you'll have to buy new(er) shoes.

I stand corrected. I just swapped the straps between Genius II and Ergo
shoes. While the straps are different, the attachments on the tongue
aren't and the straps ARE interchangeable.
Old January 9th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Nystrom

Chris wrote:
On Jan 6, 1:57 pm, wrote:
Will they fit my current Genius 2's (I guess namely the attachment
screw)? Will they fit the straps on my Genius 2's?

I have a set of both in working order at home. I will check them for
interchangability when I get home and report back.

Chris

I just did this and it turns out that they WILL work.
Old January 10th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:59:30 GMT, Brian Nystrom
wrote:

I stand corrected. I just swapped the straps between Genius II and Ergo
shoes. While the straps are different, the attachments on the tongue
aren't and the straps ARE interchangeable.

Good info - thanks.
Old January 10th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris[_12_]

On Jan 9, 6:59*am, Brian Nystrom wrote:
I stand corrected. I just swapped the straps between Genius II and Ergo
shoes. While the straps are different, the attachments on the tongue
aren't and the straps ARE interchangeable.- Hide quoted text -

Crap, and I "just" found my old shoes today and was going to swap
parts this evening. Good to know it works, which I thought it would.

Chris
Old January 12th 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks everyone,

Just to further confirm the confirmation, :-0

The replacement of G2 parts with those for G5 works if you switch both
buckles AND straps.

Quick trip to the LBS and all was solved. Who needs the internet? ;-)