how was your weather?

Old August 29th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled-one

Default how was your weather?

From what hear of other parts of North America, the northwest and north
east got soaked, the south west baked, the southeast at least didn't get
bashed by hurricanes.

Hereabouts, southern Ont. all in all, I have to say it was a damned
pleasant summer. Oh, we've been getting some rain of late but for the most
part it has been a good summer, not too much rain but no drought, very few
smog days or even stifling humidity. All things consider you couldn't ask
for a better summer.

How was the summer in your area? Wherever you are?

Old August 29th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ted

Once it stopped raining by July it was very nice, although my lawn
never stopped growing; I usually don't have to mow the whole month of
August. Lovely bicycling weather; not too hot, not too windy.
However, it is getting cold two to three weeks early this year, not a
pleasant thought.

I am in the same area as you, though, the great state of Maine.
You are right, a glorious summer.

Ted

Old August 29th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

recycled-one wrote:
From what hear of other parts of North America, the northwest and north
east got soaked, the south west baked, the southeast at least didn't get
bashed by hurricanes.

Hereabouts, southern Ont. all in all, I have to say it was a damned
pleasant summer. Oh, we've been getting some rain of late but for the most
part it has been a good summer, not too much rain but no drought, very few
smog days or even stifling humidity. All things consider you couldn't ask
for a better summer.

How was the summer in your area? Wherever you are?

California central valley was HOT! Most of July was over 100 degrees
with a few 110+ days thrown in. I just went out for a short ride today
and it was only 95 and no shade so afternoon rides are kind of a pain
when the asphalt is hot under you too.
Now I am ready for Fall and drizzle, as per the usual here.
Bill Baka
Old August 29th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

"Ted" wrote in message
oups.com...

Once it stopped raining by July it was very nice, although my lawn
never stopped growing; I usually don't have to mow the whole month of
August. Lovely bicycling weather; not too hot, not too windy.
However, it is getting cold two to three weeks early this year, not a
pleasant thought.

Here in the greater Seattle area, barely even sprinkled in August; a mostly
sunny June and July. I have no complaints. Farmer's Almanac says we're in
for a cold winter; we'll see.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old August 29th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Marlene Blanshay

recycled-one wrote:
From what hear of other parts of North America, the northwest and north
east got soaked, the south west baked, the southeast at least didn't get
bashed by hurricanes.

Hereabouts, southern Ont. all in all, I have to say it was a damned
pleasant summer. Oh, we've been getting some rain of late but for the most
part it has been a good summer, not too much rain but no drought, very few
smog days or even stifling humidity. All things consider you couldn't ask
for a better summer.

How was the summer in your area? Wherever you are?

yesterday it was horrible... rained almost all day and was windy, until
around 9pm. Saturday was beautiful but yesterday we got 40mm of rain.
Old August 29th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Marlene Blanshay

Claire Petersky wrote:
"Ted" wrote in message
oups.com...
Once it stopped raining by July it was very nice, although my lawn
never stopped growing; I usually don't have to mow the whole month of
August. Lovely bicycling weather; not too hot, not too windy.
However, it is getting cold two to three weeks early this year, not a
pleasant thought.

Here in the greater Seattle area, barely even sprinkled in August; a mostly
sunny June and July. I have no complaints. Farmer's Almanac says we're in
for a cold winter; we'll see.

may was horrible, and we had a lot of rain in june and unstable, humid
most of july. August has been great so far- almost no rain. It seemed
that it rained every weekend (not good for those racing) this summer,
especially in june and july.
Old August 29th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
greggery peccary

"Marlene Blanshay" wrote in message
.. .
Claire Petersky wrote:
"Ted" wrote in message
oups.com...
Once it stopped raining by July it was very nice, although my lawn
never stopped growing; I usually don't have to mow the whole month of
August. Lovely bicycling weather; not too hot, not too windy.
However, it is getting cold two to three weeks early this year, not a
pleasant thought.

Here in the greater Seattle area, barely even sprinkled in August; a

mostly
sunny June and July. I have no complaints. Farmer's Almanac says we're

in
for a cold winter; we'll see.

may was horrible, and we had a lot of rain in june and unstable, humid
most of july. August has been great so far- almost no rain. It seemed
that it rained every weekend (not good for those racing) this summer,
especially in june and july.

where are you?

Old August 29th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
sally

"recycled-one" wrote in news:ed07tm$ma2$1
@news.datemas.de:
How was the summer in your area? Wherever you are?

Here in San Francisco, I think the last rain was in April. Since then, high
temperatures have mostly been around 70F. The nicest weather of the year is
typically in September and October, sometimes through November, though days
do start getting shorter then. The rain will probably start again in
January.
Old August 29th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mark Hickey

"recycled-one" wrote:

How was the summer in your area? Wherever you are?

In the Phoenix Arizona east valley, summer started out with some
record highs (IIRC, we hit 118F - 47.8C) in June which was a new
record... but after a few really hot days (even by AZ standards) the
rest of the summer has been relatively pleasant. "Only" 100F or so in
the day, down to 80-85 at night most nights. Even a goodly amount of
rain over the last few weeks.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old August 29th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Back Jack

Mark Hickey wrote:
"recycled-one" wrote:

How was the summer in your area? Wherever you are?

In Utah it's been kinda hot. More 100+ days than average. Headed for
95 today. But if you can stand the dry heat, it's been nice. Good
biking weather most days, but we did have a couple of supercells back in
July that left tornado-like damage in their wakes. Trees uprooted,
housed ripped apart, like that. Kinda unusual for here.