Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

Old November 4th 05, 04:37 PM
mscalisi

Default Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

I'm sure we can figure something out. I have an extra summit trials.

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old November 4th 05, 05:21 PM
onefiftyfour

that's great guys! thanks! i will pm with my cell phone#

it is possible for me to ride on saturday and monday also. i think an
urban ride on either the 29er or trials would be fun.

-eric

--
onefiftyfour
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old November 7th 05, 11:37 PM
tholub

Here are the details for the ride this Sunday

Meet at 10:00 AM on Sunday, 11/13, at 'North Berkeley BART'
(http://tinyurl.com/c4cgt), and carpool over to 'China Camp'
(http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=466).

China Camp is mostly wide singletrack; the loop ride starts with a
significant climb, and then is mostly flat or downhill from there.
It's mostly non-technical, so anyone can ride it, although there are
plenty of things to play on, too. The loop is a little over 10 miles,
but there are short cuts if you get tired.

Let me know if you're interested, and if you can drive.

--
tholub

Old November 7th 05, 11:42 PM
abbabibble

i might be able to make it... might.... my aunt lives in walnut creek...
i'll talk about that, and i have a three-day weekend this weekend! no
school friday! YAY! so lessee... i dunno how this will work...
i'll pm someone or another...

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS TODAY!!!
http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old November 8th 05, 01:29 AM
gerblefranklin

Uhh, update on weather:

It's raining right now. NO, not rain like you texans get, more like
being in a very dense cloud with droplets, but regardless, the trails
are gonna be soaking. Just a warning, or invitation, depending on who
you are. I love muni in the rain... however off-trail obstacles aren't
too great when it's wet.

onefiftyfour wrote:
that's great guys! thanks! i will pm with my cell phone#

it is possible for me to ride on saturday and monday also. i think an
urban ride on either the 29er or trials would be fun.

-eric

I might be doing a trials ride in Justin Herman plaza on Saturday, if
you're interested. It appears it will rain that day or before, so it'll
be wicked slippery, however I don't mind. If you'll be on the south
side of SF we could do a short muni/trials ride near my house.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old November 8th 05, 07:43 PM
onefiftyfour

tholub wrote:
Meet at 10:00 AM on Sunday, 11/13, at 'North Berkeley BART'
(http://tinyurl.com/c4cgt), and carpool over to 'China Camp'
(http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=466).

I'll be there. I'm assuming you are bringing the 29er for me. Thanks
- Eric

Old November 8th 05, 10:20 PM
tholub

Yeah, you'll have Zippy, Joe will be on Phat Boy, and I'll be riding
Lucky.

--
tholub

Old November 9th 05, 04:49 PM
joemarshall

wow, basketball was cool fun and not as stupid an idea as you'd expect!
It left me pretty aching, I think you have to twist your body a lot
more than in normal riding.

I actually scored a basket or two which was a bit shocking.

I think there may have been a cunning change of plan yesterday as to
the muni going to joaquin miller instead on account of it having a bit
more techy riding and more people being able to go? I'm sure Tom will
post the details.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old November 10th 05, 05:36 AM
tholub

Yes, we decided to ramp up the technicality and go to Joaquin Miller,
the trickiest park around here. That changes the meeting place; we'll
gather at 'my place' (http://tinyurl.com/czf7l) at 10:00 AM on Sunday
11/13, and carpool up to the trail end at 'Woodminster Market'
(http://tinyurl.com/84zrg). We should be at Woodminster at 10:30 or
so. We'll set up shuttles up to the top, which will save us at least
one climb up the hill, though in Joaquin Miller there's a lot of up and
down to do, even if you shuttle.

Eric: We'll arrange a 24" MUni for you instead of a 29er. You don't
want to be on a short-crank slick tire 29er in Joaquin Miller.

Those public transporting over, the MacArthur BART station is the
closest; let me know if you're coming that way and we'll arrange a pick
up (or just walk/ride to my place from there, it's about half a mile).
The 51 bus stops at my street if you want to do that instead (coming
from Berkeley).

There are lots of toys in Joaquin Miller, as well as fun technical
trails. See you there!

--
tholub

Old November 10th 05, 02:52 PM
onefiftyfour

ok, i'll be there. thanks for rounding up another muni. -eric