Rear derailleur help

Old September 21st 18, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Rear derailleur help

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 11:54:30 AM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:58:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Andrew, the springs that are supposed to hold the limit screws in
place are likely not to be long enough. I have tried to use Blue
Locktite but can't get it to work like the stuff on many factory
parts. Looking at these parts it appears that you have to put a single
drop of the blue onto the screw and to let it dry for about an hour
before using it. But instead of getting a tighter screw fit the damn
things always are way too tight. And it's hard to get a single drop at
a time from the tube. Hard you got some hints about this?

Beeswax has worked well for me as both a thread lubricant and to resist
unscrewing. My hunch is that it stabilizes the threads against
vibrations.

I'll keep that in mind since I have some chain wax here which would work the same.
Old September 22nd 18, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks for the help. I just needed a much longer screw than I was expecting.. The screw has the spring and some Blue Locktite on it. I also but a little lock nut on from the other side to help stabilize and secure the screw. The screw is not going to move and the gear train is working well.

Old September 22nd 18, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks for the help. I just needed a much longer screw than I was expecting.. The screw has the spring and some Blue Locktite on it. I also threaded a little lock nut onto the screw from the other side to help stabilize and secure it. The screw is not going to move and the gear train is working well.

Old September 22nd 18, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks for the help. I just needed a much longer screw than I was expecting.. The screw has the spring and some Blue Locktite on it. I also threaded a little lock nut on the screw from the other side of the front plate of the derailleur to help stabilize and secure it. The screw is not going to move and the gear train is working well.

Suntour rear derailleur that has no derailleur hanger Postman Delivers[_3_] Techniques 19 March 25th 12 09:47 PM
FA: SRAM X9 SHIFTERS & REAR DERAILLEUR W SHIMANO DEORE XT FRONT DERAILLEUR ottodog Marketplace 0 August 27th 06 02:45 AM
FA:05 CAMPY CAMPAGNOLO REAR 10 SPEED REAR DERAILLEUR LIKE NEW NR $.99 ottodog Marketplace 0 August 24th 06 03:50 AM
Help, rear derailleur LSMike UK 5 July 25th 05 03:43 PM
FS: XTR 953 sgs rear derailleur B Marketplace 0 December 9th 04 05:15 PM