"councils could not "babysit everyone on a bike or urge them to slowdown"

Old December 6th 18, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default "councils could not "babysit everyone on a bike or urge them to slow down"

wrote:
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 4:18:33 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 2:41:01 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 12:20:39 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

That is one very important difference between a drunk cyclist
and a drunk driver.

Indeed - Tom Crispin of this parish once used the wriggle in court
that he could not possibly have been drunk and capable of riding a
bike as well.

He left the court a free man.

Cyclists wriggle all of the time.
And yes, I remember Crispin. Is he still around?

Inspired by me, he is on a grand tour of Europe in a VW camper
before his lads have to go to school next year.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...o/yFwPdVZuAAAJ

This is three years ago.

From 6MAY18.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...g/xmHTHtd7AAAJ

Nobody gives a **** anyway. The guy is a ******.

Old December 6th 18, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 19:31:32 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 18:16:06 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

[]

Nobody gives a **** anyway. The guy is a ******.

Another quality post from the home of rational thought.
Or maybe that should be "rationed".

Don't be silly.

You didn't use an epiphet. Fail.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old December 6th 18, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 06/12/2018 16:49, JNugent wrote:
On 06/12/2018 15:41, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 14:58, JNugent wrote:
On 06/12/2018 14:13, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 13:10, JNugent wrote:
On 06/12/2018 11:05, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 02:01, JNugent wrote:

It is vanishingly unlikely that he had never used the route
before if he was using it to "cycle home" at 2:15 am. It is
reasonable to suppose that he knew full well that this pedestrian
access had at least two flights of steps along its length (he'll
have been at least as aware as anyone else of the local changes
in level and the need for steps or ramps).

I don't think it is "vanishingly unlikely" that a person can know
about a route but has no reason to use it normally. It was the
middle of May and a warm night, after all, and probably no rush to
get home. It's a nice time to be out exploring...

...whilst around three times over the alcohol limit (for driving).
Yes - what could be more natural or normal than exploring in the
dark (which is exactly the point) whilst ...er ... inebriated?

Fortunately not everybody is like you.

I am surprised that you go sightseeing around your home area after
midnight in the dark whilst ****ed, but I have no choice but to
believe you... or something.

Some people like watching 22 men in fancy chase a leather ball round a
lawn. How weird.

That they do so is rather more credible than your thesis on
heavily-intoxicated cyclists sightseeing after midnight in their home
areas.

Is there a law that says that cyclists must go home after dark by the
shortest route?
Old December 6th 18, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 7:10:41 PM UTC, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

He's home now.

Probably checking out his property portfolio!
Old December 7th 18, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Esquire wrote:
wrote:
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 12:20:39 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

That is one very important difference between a drunk cyclist
and a drunk driver.

Indeed - Tom Crispin of this parish once used the wriggle in
court that he could not possibly have been drunk and capable of
riding a bike as well.

He left the court a free man.

Cyclists wriggle all of the time.
And yes, I remember Crispin. Is he still around?

Inspired by me, he is on a grand tour of Europe in a VW camper
before his lads have to go to school next year.

He's home now.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...sldo/yFwPdVZuA
AAJ

This is three years ago.

From 6MAY18.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...cg/xmHTHtd7AAA

Nobody gives a **** anyway. The guy is a ******.

Another quality post from the home of rational thought.
Or maybe that should be "rationed".

Don't be silly.

K-M,John's post was very reasonable and very true.