Mongoose Randonneur owners - how's the ride?

Old November 8th 04, 05:57 AM
bubelrocks

Default Mongoose Randonneur owners - how's the ride?

Thanks Adam, that's wonderfully detailed info. I thought the seat looke
& felt like crap (I've only ridden one round the carpet in a shop t
date) & I'm also intending to upgrade the cranks (are yours, by th
way, the standard 30/42/52 Ultegra rings?). I'm also interested i
whether you did any riding on it with the stock 35-37mm tyres, and i
so, how it felt - 28mm seems a little on the thin side for catapultin
down corrugated dirt! I'm also a bit mystified by the posts you an
Andrew are suggesting will be revealed by searches - a normal Googl
search gives me only the reviews mentioned above and sales links, and
can find the bike mentioned in a couple of posts in a site search here
but not in the sort of detail you and Andrew are so kindly providing
Overall, I'm feeling reassured that the bike's worth buying. :

--
bubelrocks

Old November 8th 04, 08:52 AM
Andrew Reddaway

bubelrocks wrote:

SNIP
I'm also a bit mystified by the
posts you and Andrew are suggesting will be revealed by searches - a
normal Google search gives me only the reviews mentioned above and
sales links, and I can find the bike mentioned in a couple of posts
in a site search here, but not in the sort of detail you and Andrew
are so kindly providing.

Did you try clicking on "groups" at the top of the Google page, then
searching? That should do it. And you can restrict the search just to
aus.bicycle if you want.
Old November 8th 04, 09:56 AM
adam

bubelrocks" wrote:

Thanks Adam, that's wonderfully detailed info. I thought the seat looked
& felt like crap (I've only ridden one round the carpet in a shop to
date) & I'm also intending to upgrade the cranks (are yours, by the
way, the standard 30/42/52 Ultegra rings?).

I didn't change the chainrings, they are the the standard Cyclone (or
Zyclone
can't remember). I think the EX has a Tiagra triple though.

I'm also interested in
whether you did any riding on it with the stock 35-37mm tyres, and if
so, how it felt - 28mm seems a little on the thin side for catapulting
down corrugated dirt!

Sorry yeah the dirt was on the 37mm stock tyres. They are ok, but for
road riding and the occasional smooth dirt road I find the 28mm better.

I'm also a bit mystified by the posts you and
Andrew are suggesting will be revealed by searches - a normal Google
search gives me only the reviews mentioned above and sales links, and I
can find the bike mentioned in a couple of posts in a site search here,
but not in the sort of detail you and Andrew are so kindly providing.
Overall, I'm feeling reassured that the bike's worth buying.

http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=aus.bicycle&hl=en
click "only aus.bicycle" type mongoose randonneur and click search or:
http://evilurl.com/scuzzDONGSEXporn

And what's bubelrocks btw? Michael Buble doesn't rock at all, the best
he can muster is a sort of swing

Adam