Carbon steerer star nut torque

Old April 14th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Carbon steerer star nut torque

On Apr 13, 7:51*pm, Artoi wrote:
In article ,
*"Phil Holman" piholmanc@yourservice wrote:

You bring up a good point, which should be to use the method recommended
by the fork manufacturer. The following story illustrates this.
http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42900
"Cannondale uses a starnut. I thought that was stupid and replaced it
with a compression plug. Last week I replaced that frame, and as I was
taking it apart I found where the compression plug had basically split
the fork half way around. I suppose I was only weeks away from certain
dental work. I would use the method that the fork manufacturer
recommends... I sure am glad that my new fork has an aluminum steerer
tube."

I understand that one needs to make sure that the level of the expansion
plug is within the protective band of the stem. So in effect, the stem
protects the outer of the CF steerer tube.
--

$$$ AND NOOOO DIRECTIONS ???