Bontrager Compact Crank

Old December 6th 04, 07:49 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default Bontrager Compact Crank

Anyone know if the Bontrager Compact Crank is on the market yet?
I believe they said December.
-tom

Old December 6th 04, 10:32 PM
kwantani

Tom,
I'm looking for the same thing...
Bontrager compact crank already shipped with the complete bike.
Santa Teresa Bikes have a set on display, I believe it's a take off
from Madone. THey're asking for $350 for the set. This is the crankset
that come with built-in BB/outboard bearing.
Also, Sun Bike Shop in Milpitas has a set on their Madone, I believe
they might work out a deal to take it off from the bike and sell to
you.
The new one is supposedly shipping on Jan.
Also, check out Truvativ Rouluer gigapipe compact crank, I believe
it's the same thing.

Kwan

Old December 7th 04, 08:19 AM
RSD

Currently all of the Bontrager carbon cranks are being used to spec 2005
bikes, but they will be available for purchase seperately "soon" (no
exactly date yet). Although I'd prefer it if you were to wait for the
Bontrager crank to be available (as I work for one of the top 5 Trek
dealers in the country ), Kwantani is right about the TruVativ
compact crankset. It's the same thing, just branded "Bontrager".

--
RSD

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
In praise of FSA compact crank Eagle Jackson Techniques 42 October 5th 04 04:44 AM