Bicylist shot and killed for thrill

Old November 29th 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Bicylist shot and killed for thrill

God, Jobst, you're such a typical Bay Area wussy miserable
ultra-liberal. Don't you ever make yourself sick?

Old November 29th 05, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bill Sornson wrote:
Chalo wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Chalo wrote:

http://www.leadingthecharge.com/stor...-00102693.html

Continue to maintain your illusions in the face of all evidence,
Bill.

Well , gee, that /purported/ isolated incident (still under
investigation) sure proves that ALL the US troops are "goons", huh?

"The U.S. military says it does everything it can to ensure it
does not fire on civilians, although it has also admitted in the
past to accidentally killing civilians at roadblocks."

"To avoid the possibility of being fired on, most Iraqis pull
over to the side of the road when U.S. convoys approach."

"The convoys generally travel with signs in Arabic telling
people to stay back or away and warning them that deadly force will
be used if they get too close."

How much slack would you cut the perpetrators if they were invaders in
this country, and they were machinegunning cars full of American kids
indiscriminately?

Bzzzzt. Right there's the difference. (Hint: "indiscriminately".)

Believe what you want, Chalo. Sad thing is those soldiers will die for your
right to be a dishonest, America-hating prick.

There's nothing more dishonest and sick than American Foriegn Policy in
general and Iraq in particular. It's also a facist trait to use
nationalism and patriotism like that. Chalo's only describing the tip of
the iceberg and you're freaking out. You will never be able to cope
with what's really going on. The US is the worlds big thug and you can
make yourself asleep to that fact but you can't change it.

Old November 29th 05, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Chalo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, you have people all over the country claiming that our goons in
Iraq are "brave" and "honorable", in the face of all contravening
evidence.

Chalo Colina

**** you.

Old November 29th 05, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Roger Houston writes:

Well, you have people all over the country claiming that our goons
in Iraq are "brave" and "honorable", in the face of all
contravening evidence.

**** you.

What we need now is a response from Carl Vogel ala:

Dear Roger,

How did you get so testy, are you a veteran of this war, or have a
close relative involved, possibly in a unit that was tainted by these
misdeeds? Your language suggests that you should not hit the "send"
key when you are in such a snit. Please don't make war proponents
look any cruder with our choice of words than they already are.

Where's Carl when we need him?

Jobst Brandt
Old November 29th 05, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

di wrote:

If we had a President or Dictator killing thousands just because they went
to a different church, attended a meeting, were women who did not completely
cover their bodies in public or go into public without a male escort, had
family members who rape just to get their jollies, and many, many other
things, we would probably appreciate their presence.

That description applies most accurately to Saudi Arabia, a country
with whom the US regime is on very friendly terms. It certainly does
not describe Iraq under Saddam, which was one of the most westernized
and secular of the Arab states (although it had other dire problems of
its own).

Radical Islamists now in Iraq are a consequence of the US invasion.

Chalo Colina

Old November 29th 05, 06:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

The Wogster wrote:

Mind you, jail could help, except the US penal system is designed to
punish, rather then rehabilitate. I think the key should be
rehabilitation, rather then punishment.

Out of curiosity: Do other countries do a better job of rehabilitation?

Anyone got evidence?

- Frank Krygowski
Old November 29th 05, 06:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Frank Krygowski writes:

Mind you, jail could help, except the US penal system is designed
to punish, rather then rehabilitate. I think the key should be
rehabilitation, rather then punishment.

Out of curiosity: Do other countries do a better job of
rehabilitation?

Anyone got evidence?

After WWII rebuilding Europe and especially Germany and Italy got a
lot of help, considering how many of their best countrymen had fled to
the USA beforehand and how many went back to help mom get her kitchen
back as it was the way they remember it. One of the great projects
that had to wait was the cathedral in Dresden, being held captive by
the moneyless communists for more than forty years. Today the
Frauenkirche stand in more than oriental splendor with funds from
former countrymen from around the world.

http://www.frauenkirche-dresden.org/

The same occurred in West Germany right after the end of hostilities
and people like General Lucius Clay, in US headquarters in Heidelberg
who, although noted in the USA for the Berlin Airlift was a principal
director of economic rebuilding of the West German economy. I was
there in 1948 when we lived in Switzerland and saw with which industry
the rebuild took place.

http://www.konnections.com/airlift/lclay.htm

It could be that the Communist threat and the big bear with the red
star inspired the west to do more than they might have otherwise. In
any case many Germans remember the rebuilding days with reverence.

Jobst Brandt
Old November 29th 05, 07:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Chalo wrote:
di wrote:

If we had a President or Dictator killing thousands just because
they went to a different church, attended a meeting, were women who
did not completely cover their bodies in public or go into public
without a male escort, had family members who rape just to get their
jollies, and many, many other things, we would probably appreciate
their presence.

That description applies most accurately to Saudi Arabia, a country
with whom the US regime is on very friendly terms. It certainly does
not describe Iraq under Saddam, which was one of the most westernized
and secular of the Arab states (although it had other dire problems of
its own).

Yeah, those mass graves and rape rooms are just abandoned playgrounds.

Radical Islamists now in Iraq are a consequence of the US invasion.

That's mostly true...BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KILL AMERICANS. (And, the
possibility of a free and "tolerant" Iraq threatens their ultimate
existence.)

17 days until Iraq's first nationwide democratic election under its new
constitution. If it depresses YOU, all the better.

Old November 29th 05, 10:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Jeff Starr" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:02:14 -0500, The Wogster
wrote:

dd wrote:
Rapheal L. Willis, 19, is charged with first-degree murder and armed
criminal action in the case. According to court documents, Willis told
detectives that he was with another man and that his friend said he was
bored and wanted to kill someone.

Hmm, what is a good way to resolve the boredom issue, how about 2 years
of compulsory military service. Give these guys some options, either
complete high school and go on to university, or drop out military
service. The military gives you job skills, discipline and improved
self asteem, which is the biggest problem with todays youth.

Great idea, let's put these guys in the military. These boys have more
problems than a lack of discipline or low self esteem. Guys like this
would would be the type that would support Chalo's arguement. I get
bored, can't say that I ever considered killing anyone to take away my
boredom. Raphael should be locked up for the rest of his miserable
life.

I support our soldiers, it wasn't their idea to go to Iraq.

Jeff

The "support our troops" works when talking about people who were drafted,
or were already in the military when the Iraq war started. Now that it
appears to be a quagmire, and appears to have been started with faulty or
false information, does the same argument work? If someone volunteers to
fight an unjust war, are they still "just following orders"? I say this as a
veteran, but I was fortunate enough to do my time stateside.