New B&M 100lux headlight.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 16th 17, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On 17/12/17 07:58, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 12:06:53 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
I would expect to see something lit up in the distance beyond the
columns. Nope. The light stops dead in it tracks after passing the
columns.

Original photo:
https://www.bumm.de/files/Produkte/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium.jpg
I was wrong. There really is some detail in the dark areas beyond the
columns. I did some contrast and gamma tweaking with Irfanview, which
brought out some detail:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/Cygo-Premium/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium%20-%20contrast-adjusted.jpg

I didn't need to manipulate the image to see in to the shadows. Your
eyesight or computah monitor might be substandard.

So, it might be real, where the Photoshop job removed all the expected
floor debris, ceiling hangers, and column fasteners which I would
expect in such an underground garage.

What are you talking about? There are rails on the ceiling as clear as
day, probably used to move that backdrop sheet to different distances
from the light. There's also what could be a cable duct between 10 & 20m.

So the floor is clean. Would t be better to have it looking like a
filthy car garage? It's their underground test lab no doubt!

Or, the background might have
been borrowed from a Poser or DAZ 3D libraries. I'm sure the photo
was edited, but I don't know to what degree.

Would you buy a headlight from a company that fakes their demo/test
photos?

Well I have one. It lives up to the advertising.

Drivel:

You said it!

--
JS

The last headlight you will ever need somebody[_2_] Techniques 115 April 28th 14 02:12 AM
Headlight Tom $herman (-_-) Techniques 16 August 17th 12 03:43 AM
FS: L&M ARC HID headlight Zach Marketplace 0 February 13th 08 08:25 PM
LED Headlight HughMann Australia 12 August 30th 06 11:51 AM
Headlight Bruni Techniques 8 August 31st 03 06:27 PM