cell phones on rides

Old August 3rd 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default cell phones on rides

ZBicyclist wrote:
recycled wrote:
"Shawn" wrote in message
. ..
recycled wrote:

snip

I'll reiterate though: this isn't for my own benefit. I don't do
groups rides nor carry a cell. They can bike in the nude after
eating only baked beans while blasting out La Cucaracha! in
unison
on their ringtones for all I care.
You're trolling then.'

Mmmm no. I'm trying to see if a compromise can be found.

This might presume r.b.m. had some authority.

Well, if only all the posters would agree with those of us who are
correct...

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 3rd 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_2_]

"ZBicyclist" wrote in message
recycled wrote:

You're trolling then.'

Mmmm no. I'm trying to see if a compromise can be found.

This might presume r.b.m. had some authority.

No. It presumes that adults - some at least - can discuss issues they
disagree on in a mature manner without resorting to flames.

Perhaps we should thank you for the compliment, however undeserved it
might be.

Your welcome.

Old August 15th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Rex Kerr

Peter Cole wrote:
more riders. I prefer group rides where the pace is too fast for anyone
to talk. I have friends who will speed it up whenever the yakking
starts, even to the point of knowing the exact pulse rate that'll shut
up the worst offenders. Works well.

Why do a social activity if you're going to be (un/anti)social? I like
meeting new people when I'm out for a ride and often talk to other
commuters or others on larger organized rides. (I don't ride in club rides)

--
Work and recreation are not often effected at the same time.
One using a bicycle in business makes an exception to the rule.
Old August 15th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Rex Kerr wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
more riders. I prefer group rides where the pace is too fast for
anyone to talk. I have friends who will speed it up whenever the
yakking starts, even to the point of knowing the exact pulse rate
that'll shut up the worst offenders. Works well.

Why do a social activity if you're going to be (un/anti)social?

I prefer to socialize after the ride, usually.

I like
meeting new people when I'm out for a ride and often talk to other
commuters or others on larger organized rides. (I don't ride in club rides)

I don't do "large organized rides" for a number of reasons. The group
rides I do are either fast pace line rides or (very) long distance
rides. Socializing is really out of place in fast pace line rides, and
on really long rides, I prefer to just get into the solitude. I've never
thought of cycling as a particularly social activity, if that was my
primary interest I'd take up golf.