Flying Chicken Restaurant

Old November 17th 05, 08:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Flying Chicken Restaurant

A few years ago I posted with the details of a restaurant in Bangkok
that serves BBQ chickens by setting them on fire and catapaulting them
through the air before they are caught by a waither riding on a
unicycle.

Sadly the first two times I went to Thailand I did not make it to the
restaurant. I am very happy to say that on my most recent trip I not
only visited the flying chicken restaurant but also got to catch my own
dinner.

Have a look at http://www.flickr.com/photos/58488017@N00/sets/1288282/
and it should bring you to a photo album that contains pics from the
Flying Chicken Restaurant.

Wayne van Wijk

--
wayne
wayne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5276

Old November 17th 05, 10:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Cool photos! Do my eyes deceive me or is that helmet designed for
catching chickens on your forehead!

This could be a popular joint next year with the 20 or so unicyclists
on LUT going through Bangkok. I can just imagine the chaos when all of
them want to have a go at once :-)

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier
peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old November 17th 05, 10:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

peter.bier wrote:

This could be a popular joint next year with the 20 or so unicyclists
on LUT going through Bangkok. I can just imagine the chaos when all of
them want to have a go at once :-)

Yeah, what was the address again? Some of us are staying on in Bangkok
after the ride, and there's also a morning ride planned for those in
Bangkok before flying out to Chiang Rai

--
GizmoDuck

'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
'Laos Unicycle Tour' (http://www.laosunitour.org)
'New Zealand Unicycle Federation' (http://www.unicycle.org.nz)

"It's not a unicycle ride if it's less than 30km." - note to self

Old November 17th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

sweet!! thats awsome, i saw that restaurant on tv before!

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old November 17th 05, 03:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

GizmoDuck wrote:
Yeah, what was the address again? Some of us are staying on in Bangkok
after the ride, and there's also a morning ride planned for those in
Bangkok before flying out to Chiang Rai

Ken,

The address is 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/9uj7o).

Nice shots Wayne. Someday I will get there.

--
JJuggle

Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

Monday morning feel so bad. Everybody seems to nag me.
Coming Tuesday, I feel better. Even now your man looks good.
(ah-woo) Wednesday goes to show, (ah-woo) Thursday just wont go.
(ah-woo) Cause I got Friday on my mind.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old November 17th 05, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've seen that on the TV show Maximum Exposure.

--
forrestunifreak

forrestuniETgmailDITcom

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

Old November 17th 05, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh man us LUT riders have just -got -to eat at that restaurant! I'm sooo
keen! Either before or after the tour (or maybe both!)

--
TonyMelton

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old November 17th 05, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Maybe they can fling a flaming 'tofurkey'
(http://www.tofurkey.com/products/tofurkyfeasts.htm) for us vegetarians
on the tour.

um...or not

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old November 17th 05, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

tofurky? thats discusting!

--
manon1wheel

Riley Crosby

getting better... lvl 5 unicyclist
-.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old November 17th 05, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

mscalisi wrote:
Maybe they can fling a flaming 'tofurkey'
(http://www.tofurkey.com/products/tofurkyfeasts.htm) for us vegetarians
on the tour.

Have you actually tried Tofurkey? We're considering it this year, but
have heard mixed reviews. Is it any good?

I've been considering sending them this for a tagline: Tofurkey, the
Delicious Faux Turkey. But I don't think they'd go for it.

Thanks.