best ride songs

Old August 6th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default best ride songs

From: (Don*Piven)

recycled wrote:

16. Mercedes Benz- Janis Joplin

I came up with some alternative lyrics
some time ago while climbing up one too
many ridgelines in SW Wisconsin:

Oh Lord, won't ya buy me a titanium
frame Got dropped by a Huffy and I'm
lookin' real lame Don't want no
aluminum, it just don't ride the same So
Lord, won't ya buy me a titanium frame

Oh Lord, won't ya buy me a shiny new
bike Encrusted with Campy, that's just
what I'd like Shimano ain't classy, so go
take a hike

Oh Lord, won't ya buy me a shiny new
bike

You need to embeed a Midi into your post for those of us who don't know
the song, that way we can sing along :-3)

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old August 6th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

What, nobody sings "Daisy" anymore? LOL

I forgot to add (in my original post), for mountain biking NOTHING beats
a good bluegrass song (yee haw)!

- -

Old August 6th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Peter Cole wrote:
landotter wrote:
On Aug 3, 8:08 am, "recycled" wrote:
My list of 25 all-time favourite cycling music:

[OLD MUSIC SNIPPED]

Get with the times!!

Yeah, FYI -- good new music has come out in the last 30 years. Sorry, it
wasn't Jewel.

There have been a few good things written since 1830.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 6th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
(It's Chris) writes:
What, nobody sings "Daisy" anymore? LOL

Alice Cooper could probably come up with
an entertaining version.

I forgot to add (in my original post), for mountain biking NOTHING beats
a good bluegrass song (yee haw)!

I rather enjoy David Bromberg's spirited rendition of
The Boggy Road to Milledgeville (Arkansas Traveller.)

While it's not exactly bluegrass, Yes's Steve Howe's
The Clap is an amusing & frenetic li'l guitar instrumental.

There's also a bunch of Taj Mahal tunes I really like.

If you wanna sing while you ride (and make onlookers
think you're crazy) nothing beats a Willie Dixon
belter-outer. Or Leadbelly's Rock Island Line ("I got
Iron! I got ol' pig iron!")

That aria from Madame Butterfly is nice, but some of
those high notes are hard to hit; almost as difficult
as early Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant material. Better
to opt for the Willie Dixon stuff. And AC/DC's Who
Made Who, while reminiscing about the Steven King
movie adaptation of Maximum Overdrive.

I also like Pink Floyd's Learning To Fly, debut'd in
their Momentary Lapse Of Reason album --
"tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earth-bound misfit ..."

I'm sure Neil Young's Downtown could be handsomely
adapted into a Critical Mass anthem.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old August 6th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Peter Cole wrote:
landotter wrote:
On Aug 3, 8:08 am, "recycled" wrote:
My list of 25 all-time favourite cycling music:

[OLD MUSIC SNIPPED]

Get with the times!!

Yeah, FYI -- good new music has come out in the last 30 years. Sorry, it
wasn't Jewel.

There have been a few good things written since 1830.

Especially Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

cheers,
Tom

Old August 6th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Peter Cole wrote:
landotter wrote:
On Aug 3, 8:08 am, "recycled" wrote:
My list of 25 all-time favourite cycling music:

[OLD MUSIC SNIPPED]

Get with the times!!
Yeah, FYI -- good new music has come out in the last 30 years. Sorry, it
wasn't Jewel.

There have been a few good things written since 1830.

Especially Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

Lacks recipes for "long pig".

Old August 6th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ralph Barone

In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ,
(It's Chris) writes:
[...]

It took some time, but I've got my iTunes library tagged by tempo, and a
custom playlist that fills my Shuffle with a random collection of songs
135 BPM that haven't been played in the last 6 weeks. Highlights of today's commute we

Devo - That's good
Angel City - Waiting for the world
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Go Daddy-o
Bruce Springsteen - Radio nowhere
Burton Cummings - Nikki Hokey
Cyndi Lauper - She bop
Joe Jackson - Memphis
The Knack - That's what the little girls do
Queen - Coming soon
The Teddy Boys - Life in the big city
Utopia - That's not right
Van Halen - You really got me
Ultravox - Serenade
XTC - Helicopter

Tomorrow it will be another 240 songs

PS: If it's blugrass that you're into, check out Hayseed Dixie's cover
of Strawberry Fields Forever. That'll stretch your brain.
Old August 6th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Shawn[_4_]

It's Chris wrote:
What, nobody sings "Daisy" anymore? LOL

Sure, problem is it always sounds like the HAL9000 in my head. :-)

Shawn

driving songs? nah, unicycling songs! cheesedonkey888 Unicycling 6 May 18th 08 06:52 AM
Favorite songs Eddie Nosdtromo General 4 March 7th 08 10:55 PM
Top Ten Riding Songs Gino Australia 28 July 4th 05 06:36 PM
Top Ten Riding Songs jazmo Australia 1 June 30th 05 10:37 AM
unicycle songs gasmaster Unicycling 4 July 13th 04 11:31 AM