Brooke B-66 Saddle Bolts: Size?

Old March 3rd 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel[_2_]

Default Brooke B-66 Saddle Bolts: Size?

On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Old March 3rd 10, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_3_]

Op 3-3-2010 22:37, Mike Rocket J Squirrel schreef:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

Pint? Ale? No, not more of that English stuff. Metric please and cold lager.

Lou, **** warm beer, yuck!
Old March 3rd 10, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

Well, I didn't disassemble it, I just looked at one and held
a Whitworth thread gauge near it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 3rd 10, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 3, 2:37*pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Dear Mike,

Alas, I don't drink the stuff, but ten seconds googling for "9/32" and
brooks shows that Brooks thinks you owe them a drink:

http://tinyurl.com/yetl4db

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 3rd 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Dear Mike,

Alas, I don't drink the stuff, but ten seconds googling for "9/32" and
brooks shows that Brooks thinks you owe them a drink:

*http://tinyurl.com/yetl4db

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

I'll accept on their behalf. A pint of Mirror Pond would be fitting
since it is brewed in Mr. Squirrel's backyard.
http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...s/default.aspx -- Jay
Beattie.
Old March 4th 10, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel[_2_]

On 3/3/2010 3:33 PM Jay Beattie wrote:

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Dear Mike,

Alas, I don't drink the stuff, but ten seconds googling for "9/32" and
brooks shows that Brooks thinks you owe them a drink:

�http://tinyurl.com/yetl4db

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

I'll accept on their behalf. A pint of Mirror Pond would be fitting
since it is brewed in Mr. Squirrel's backyard.
http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...s/default.aspx -- Jay
Beattie.

Pfft. If this part has a 9/32'' thread then I'll buy and ship to you a
/six-pack/ of Mirror Pond!

I, for one, think this is not a nut with some imaginary 9/32'' thread size
in it, but rather it is a part that is called "9/32''" only because the
earlier-mentioned Brooks part list calls it out that way.

To claim your prize, pls provide specifications for the 9/32'' thread size
with a reference. If the particulars check out, I will order this stupid
nut and see if it mikes out to the referenced thread specs. If it does,
then, my friend, you gotcher six-pack of Deschutes Brewer Mirror Pond Ale.

Until then, I believe that the Brooks parts list contains a typo. I'm
standing by that lightly-assumed opinion and Jute? Go **** yourself.

============
* Hopefully this will be the first of a series of drive-by Jute slams.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Old March 4th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

[...]

Mike,
I'd like to get in on this beer thing!
4th line in the table:
http://www.conexmetals.com/thread/wh...ine-thread.htm
Kerry

Old March 4th 10, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

[...]

For heaven's sake, google for "9/32" and BSF. You can easily get the
threads per inch, the tap size, and other details.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 4th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

On Mar 3, 12:06*pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 3/3/2010 8:30 AM N8N wrote:

On Mar 3, 11:14 am, * Still Just Me *
*wrote:
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:09:14 -0800, Mike Rocket J Squirrel

*wrote:
On 3/2/2010 6:16 PM (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Bingo. "BMP 183... 9/32" Nut... Zinc... All Sprung Saddles".

9/32'' is an unusual thread size -- to me, anyway.

Not exactly the kind of thing you are going to find down at the local
hardware store in the USA.

I bet either McMaster-Carr or Aircraft Spruce has 'em though. *I bet
AS even has them in titanium, for weight weenies. *(A weight weenie
with a Brooks? *Could happen, I guess.)

I'll take Nate's bet. Pint of beer as stakes.

I checked McMaster' site to see if it was a listed thread size in ye
fasteners section (hex nuts, anyways) and, nope, 9/32'' ain't listed.

It's not a listed UTF thread size.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Thread_Standard

Nor does it appear to be a standard Whitworth size, either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Standard_Whitworth

OK, make that two fasteners that I haven't been able to source from
one of those two vendors. (the other as I mentioned in a previous
thread was a 5/16" fine thread carriage bolt, which doesn't seem to be
made anymore. But being a bolt, it's easy enough to replace it with a
coarse thread version although not "show correct.")

nate
Old March 4th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel[_2_]

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

[...]

Jay, Kerry and Carl -- I cannot hand-wave away my ignorance so each of you
has won the bet. Take the "golly" out of my email address and send me your
shipping address and I'll take care of the rest.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Simon Brooke Nuxx Bar UK 0 August 9th 09 08:29 PM
KH Saddle Bolts Unicorn Unicycling 14 November 12th 08 07:57 AM
KH ISIS Bolts Size! pedrotejada Unicycling 3 September 22nd 08 06:49 PM
saddle size? gollum89 Unicycling 0 December 14th 05 05:45 PM
saddle size? refuze Unicycling 0 December 14th 05 05:40 PM