Bike E seat broken

Old October 19th 05, 11:56 PM
John Kaess

Default Bike E seat broken

I just moved from CA to Jacksonville, FL. The movers broke the seat
on my Bike E AT. The round black plastic disks that are part of the
clamp that holds the seat on were all broken (they took the seat off,
and then tried to put it back on).

Anyway, does anyone know of a bike shop near Jacksonville that might
have parts?

Wasn't there some kind of recall on the seats a few years ago? I
never had it done, and then they went under.

John
Old October 21st 05, 03:09 AM
Steve knight

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:56:57 -0400, John Kaess
wrote:

I just moved from CA to Jacksonville, FL. The movers broke the seat
on my Bike E AT. The round black plastic disks that are part of the
clamp that holds the seat on were all broken (they took the seat off,
and then tried to put it back on).

I have seen them on ebay though not for a ltitle bit.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes
Old October 21st 05, 06:45 AM
Pamela D

A Google search on "whytoole" will turn up a small business website on
AOL that used to carry BikeE stuff. I believe the owner still has the
delrin seat sliders available.

You may also wish to subscribe to the BikeE List, a mailing list with
fairly regular postings by BikeE owners (on average I get around a
dozen postings per week). Another Google search on "BikeE List" will
get you to the subscription sign-up page.

Old October 21st 05, 03:52 PM
Ken the Troll

The fellow who owns the "whytoole" site announced on the bikee list
or [ if you
are a member]) that he is selling out his stock. However I just checked
his site at
http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYT...mtbrand=AOL_US and found
that he has the "The original BikeE Delrin seat sliders with, metal
key rings." on sale for $17.20 for a set of four or two sets for $25.86
with just one set of the reinforcement rings that prevent the problem
you have. Personally, since this is the one item other than the frame
on the BikeE that is unique to the design, I would go with the 8
sliders so that I would have four spairs on hand. I had two sets of the
reinforced sliders that I sold with our old BikeE ATs in August of
2004.

Ken the Troll (I live south of the Mighty Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan
and all down staters are called trolls by the Uppers)

Old October 22nd 05, 12:49 AM
Seldom Seen Poster

wrote:

I just moved from CA to Jacksonville, FL. The movers broke the seat
on my Bike E AT. The round black plastic disks that are part of the
clamp that holds the seat on were all broken (they took the seat off,
and then tried to put it back on).

I have seen them on ebay though not for a ltitle bit.

There are some on there now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIKEE-SEAT-SLIDER-REPLACEMENT-KIT_W0QQitemZ7190670048QQcategoryZ106949QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I made a pair out of an oak dowel rod a few years back and put the
key-ring thingy on them and they worked well although I only used them
until I got a replacement set. Drilled a hole in them first, then cut
them in half at the hole and did some shaping on the belt sander.

Old October 23rd 05, 12:44 AM
John Kaess

Thank you. That's extremely helpful!

I love newsgroups, and I'll get on the BikeE List

John

The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
What you love about your recumbent bikes... Jon Meinecke Recumbent Biking 18 February 6th 05 03:01 AM
Fat guys bike and bike seat. Walter General 95 November 15th 03 04:46 AM