Halloween: will I find LA at the doorbell?

Old September 7th 04, 02:24 PM
Karen M.

Default Halloween: will I find LA at the doorbell?

Hey folks--
In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
of gypsys and bums.)
And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
on my front porch this year.
Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
content? Do share!

--Karen M.
who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
Halloween
Old September 7th 04, 02:37 PM
Roger Zoul

Karen M. wrote:
|| Hey folks--
|| In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
|| thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
|| gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
|| Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
|| of gypsys and bums.)
|| And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
|| on my front porch this year.
|| Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
|| content? Do share!

That's a neat idea....maybe an opportunity to make a little dough

Old September 7th 04, 02:37 PM
Roger Zoul

Old September 7th 04, 05:36 PM
psycholist

"Karen M." wrote in message
om...
Hey folks--
In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
of gypsys and bums.)
And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
on my front porch this year.
Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
content? Do share!

--Karen M.
who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
Halloween

Sounds scary to me.

Maybe Nike could make up some costumes and put them out in stores as a fund
raiser for the LAF.

Bob C.

Old September 7th 04, 06:38 PM
HardwareLust

Karen M. wrote:
Hey folks--
In another NG we are discussing making a Spidey get-up, and I was
thinking about the variety of costumes and superheroes I've seen kids
gravitate to. (The little girl in a NASA suit! The adult in a Wonder
Woman outfit, "little girls don't recognize this." The endless parade
of gypsys and bums.)
And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
on my front porch this year.
Anyone seen the commercial costumes-in-a-bag with appropriate
content? Do share!

--Karen M.
who distributes tiny plastic bike racer cake decoration things on
Halloween

Thinking about it now, I don't think seeing a pint-sized LA on my porch
would be that big a surprise.

Now, if I open my door to a mini-sized Tyler Hamilton or Damiano Cunego on
my porch, that would be a *big* surprise. :-)

Or, how about a small Cipo in his cyber-suit (from the prologue)!

Regards,
H.

Old September 7th 04, 10:41 PM
Claire Petersky

"Karen M." wrote in message
om...

And I realized that it'd be cool to see some maillot jaunes (sp?)
on my front porch this year.

Around here, it's too cold to go as Lance for Halloween door-to-door. My
daughter rides on a regular basis in a Rabobank team kit (it was the
cheapest quality kid's jersey/shorts I could buy at the time), but I can't
see her walking around the neighborhood on a cold, wet late October night in
it -- she'd freeze.

What does Lance wear for training in the winter?

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: