Shimano Shoes

Old September 7th 04, 04:56 PM
TAT 57

Default Shimano Shoes

I am looking at purchasing Shimano R097 road shoes...anyone own/ride these,
what da ya think of them? Also Shimano sizes, how do the metric sizes match
men standard sizes...web site shows a 44 slightly larger than 9 1/2 hold
true?

Old September 7th 04, 05:03 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

TAT 57 wrote:

I am looking at purchasing Shimano R097 road shoes...anyone own/ride
these, what da ya think of them? Also Shimano sizes, how do the
metric sizes match men standard sizes...web site shows a 44 slightly
larger than 9 1/2 hold true?

Shimano shoes are fine if you have narrow feet. I don't, so I find them
very uncomfortable.

If only my LBS stocked other brands...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University

Old September 7th 04, 05:31 PM
Bob in CT

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:03:23 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know?
wrote:

TAT 57 wrote:

I am looking at purchasing Shimano R097 road shoes...anyone own/ride
these, what da ya think of them? Also Shimano sizes, how do the
metric sizes match men standard sizes...web site shows a 44 slightly
larger than 9 1/2 hold true?

Shimano shoes are fine if you have narrow feet. I don't, so I find them
very uncomfortable.

If only my LBS stocked other brands...

Guy

I wore a 44 in Shimano but wear a 43 in Time, and I think it's because
Times are wider (both road biking shoes). I wear a 10 for most of my
"normal" shoes, including my mountain biking shoes.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Old September 7th 04, 08:54 PM
Dave Stallard

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

TAT 57 wrote:

I am looking at purchasing Shimano R097 road shoes...anyone own/ride
these, what da ya think of them? Also Shimano sizes, how do the
metric sizes match men standard sizes...web site shows a 44 slightly
larger than 9 1/2 hold true?

Shimano shoes are fine if you have narrow feet. I don't, so I find them
very uncomfortable.

Yup. I suffered from mine for quite awhile before I figured out what
was going on. I used to have take the shoes off and rub my feet to make
the pain go away. I thought it was that the pedal platform was too
small and my feet were tensing up or something. Now I think it was the
width. I use Sidis now.

Dave

Old September 7th 04, 10:30 PM
SuperSlinky

TAT 57 said...

I am looking at purchasing Shimano R097 road shoes...anyone own/ride these,
what da ya think of them? Also Shimano sizes, how do the metric sizes match
men standard sizes...web site shows a 44 slightly larger than 9 1/2 hold
true?

I have the R151 and M120 and I think the sizing is just about exactly as
you said. I always buy 10 in US size and I would say the Shimanos are a
tad smaller than 10. I can nit-pick things I don't like about both
shoes. The M120s don't completely recess an SPD cleat. They look like
they do, but the rubber compresses and the cleats make a horrible
grinding noise on concrete. The pricey 151s have a thin insole and it
doesn't take long to notice how hard the shoes are. I think I'll be
looking to upgrade that, which shouldn't be necessary on a $170 shoe.