high racers spread-legged position

Old October 14th 05, 03:35 PM

Default high racers spread-legged position

according to the spec of the bachetta corsa, the seat height is 24
inches. I tried to set my office chair to that height but the
adjustment only allows up to 22 inches. Anyway at 22 inches i can still
reach the ground flatfooted, but when i try to simulate one leg on the
ground and one leg on the pedals, which would be the situation when
you're stopped at a traffic light, i find that i'm forced into a
spread-legged position. I can imagine to motorists this awkward
position might look anywhere from hilarious to obscene. what do you
think?

Old October 14th 05, 04:18 PM
Jon Meinecke

wrote
[...] bachetta corsa
[...] one leg on the ground and one leg on the pedals
[...] forced into a spread-legged position.

In your simulation, did you consider the seat recline
and the width of the seat base?

I have a Voale Sport with similar seat and crank height
to the Corsa. At stop, the tilt of the bike is minimal,--
just enough so that the bike won't tip to the "leg up" side.
Any "leg spread" is mainly vertical.

I can imagine to motorists this awkward position might
look anywhere from hilarious to obscene. what do you
think?

I think I haven't previously thought about it. Not that I
care much what motorist think in this regard, but it's
not much of an issue in my experience.

These bikes are not "ordinary",-- and likewise not
"ordinary" are the body positions while riding or stopped.
Vive la différence.

Jon Meinecke

Old October 14th 05, 07:43 PM
Bill Patterson

I can imagine to motorists this awkward position might
look anywhere from hilarious to obscene. what do you
think?

I think I haven't previously thought about it. Not that I
care much what motorist think in this regard, but it's
not much of an issue in my experience.

As long as you aren't wearing a kilt and don't go regimental. It should
be ok.
--
support free enterprise
oppose subsidized enterprise

corporate propaganda on tv is not news

Reply to

Old October 16th 05, 07:27 AM
William Higley, Sr.

I picked up a utilikilt (http://utilikilt.com/) today. I haven't tried
riding the recumbent with the kilt yet. I may keep you posted (provided I am
not locked away for indecent exposure.)

William Higley, Sr.
Vision R-50
RANS Rocket

ink.net...

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Carbo loading before a race? jb General 84 June 8th 04 02:02 PM
Unfaired Recumbent vs. Upright Speed Comparisons B. Sanders Recumbent Biking 57 November 8th 03 03:43 PM
Threadless headset: how high can you go? Jason Cortell Techniques 10 September 17th 03 02:27 PM