Shimano 10sp chain on Campag 10sp Chorus?

Old March 3rd 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ronko

Default Shimano 10sp chain on Campag 10sp Chorus?

I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? thanks to all . . .

Old March 3rd 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sergio Moretti

On Mar 3, 3:42*pm, Ronko wrote:
I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? *thanks to all . . .

I've been using Campy chains on 10sp Campy Chorus and have good luck
with them. One drawback is using the *required* Campy chain tool to
install it. Periodically measure chain with dial caliper -- replace
when it's getting close to the maximum dimension in owner's manual.
I'm getting about 3,500 miles per chain.
Old March 3rd 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 3 Mar, 22:31, Sergio Moretti wrote:
On Mar 3, 3:42*pm, Ronko wrote:

I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? *thanks to all . . .

I've been using Campy chains on 10sp Campy Chorus and have good luck
with them. *One drawback is using the *required* Campy chain tool to
install it. *Periodically measure chain with dial caliper -- replace
when it's getting close to the maximum dimension in owner's manual.
I'm getting about 3,500 miles per chain.

I suppose you can live with that if it's a summer weekend only bike.
Old March 3rd 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Ronko wrote:
I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? thanks to all . . .

snap links wear too.

I'd get a new chain and a new snap link. I would not use any
ten chain without a snap link. YMMV.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 4th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sergio Moretti

On Mar 3, 3:42*pm, Ronko wrote:

I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? *thanks to all . . .

I've been using Campy chains on 10sp Campy Chorus and have good luck
with them. *One drawback is using the *required* Campy chain tool to
install it. *Periodically measure chain with dial caliper -- replace
when it's getting close to the maximum dimension in owner's manual.
I'm getting about 3,500 miles per chain.

I suppose you can live with that if it's a summer weekend only bike.

Only have to buy one chain per year -- not a big expense.

Sergio Moretti
Old March 4th 10, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Mar 3, 3:42*pm, Ronko wrote:

I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? *thanks to all . . .

I've been using Campy chains on 10sp Campy Chorus and have good luck
with them. *One drawback is using the *required* Campy chain tool to
install it. *Periodically measure chain with dial caliper -- replace
when it's getting close to the maximum dimension in owner's manual.
I'm getting about 3,500 miles per chain.

I suppose you can live with that if it's a summer weekend only bike.

Only have to buy one chain per year -- not a big expense.

Sergio Moretti

That's what I guessed.
Old March 4th 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sergio Moretti

On Mar 3, 3:42*pm, Ronko wrote:

I have a bike w/ 10sp alloy Campy Chorus, and I believe chain is near
retirement. I have a new Ultegra 6600 chain, will this work fine or
should I spring for a new Campy chain? The retiring Compag chain
has a removeable link, SRAM I believe, can I resue that or do they
get "tired"? *thanks to all . . .

I've been using Campy chains on 10sp Campy Chorus and have good luck
with them. *One drawback is using the *required* Campy chain tool to
install it. *Periodically measure chain with dial caliper -- replace
when it's getting close to the maximum dimension in owner's manual.
I'm getting about 3,500 miles per chain.

I suppose you can live with that if it's a summer weekend only bike.

Only have to buy one chain per year -- not a big expense.

Sergio Moretti

That's what I guessed.- Hide quoted text -

What's your point?