DC Natural Trials Video

Old November 17th 04, 11:13 PM
muniracer

Default DC Natural Trials Video

Today i did some filming and compiled the footage into a little film. i
hope to make similar videos every couple weeks or so but who knows how
that will turn out...

the camera i am using can only hold about 2 minutes of raw footage and
therefore, editing out me turning on and off the camera, leaves about a
minute of riding.

since i am filming myself entirely i was unable to always get the best
angle. there were a few technical moves that i just couldnt figure out
how to show so what you see doesnt represent the true difficulty of the
lines, but thats how natty always is i guess.

nevertheless, its called DC Natty Volume 1 and i hope you guys enjoy
it.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album396
it is 3.5 Megs

*natty is short for natural trials, in case you couldnt figure it out.
**and the last line involved hopping onto the skinny and riding it.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old November 17th 04, 11:44 PM
lleberg

That's nice.

But actualy, i like it when the whole rider is in the picture, maby it
doesn't look good on film, but i feel i learn a fair bit more than with
only the wheel hoping around.

And i'm sorry to, for the last line battery breakdown.

--
lleberg - Level two!

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old November 18th 04, 12:07 AM
billham

Yeah, yeah.... The old "My battery failed but I completed it." line.
I'll believe it when I see it on film!

Thanks for putting up the vid.

Bill

--
billham

On my way to starting a local unicycle club!
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Old November 18th 04, 12:15 AM
muniracer

i also would have prefered to have had my entire body in the shots, but
since i have to set the camera up on the ground or on a rock, it was
often very difficult. but there were a few whole body shots to make up
for the large number of wheel shots.

yeah, bill, i know. you are just too hard to please

for those of you interested, i had posted some pictured of this natty
spot a few weeks ago. they can be seen he

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album376

and here are rocks that were specifically in the video:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album376/IMGP1327 (i hopped from the tip
of the one in the foreground to the flattish one two rocks behind it,
which moved when i landed on it).

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album376/IMGP1331 (me sitting on the rock
that moved).

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album376/IMGP1326 (all of line 3).

on another note, were you guys content with the quality? i was
impressed at how nice the quality was considering that it was only 3.41
megs.

Old November 18th 04, 12:23 AM
andrew_carter

Very nice! It's great to see some more short natural trials videos. As
someone who's just recently really been getting into natural trials I
can appreciate how difficult some of those lines were. I for one liked
the framing with only the wheel and legs because any further back and we
couldn't see what was going on...unless it's on a DVD or something like
that.

I think line 2 was my favourite. Did you see the latest natural video
of mine where I went back to the exposed roots? I think widescreen
actually works really well for natural if you decide it's okay to leave
the rider's body out.

Please keep the movies coming...and I will do likewise.

That looks like a beautiful spot for natural trials.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Old November 18th 04, 01:58 AM
muniracer

of course i watched it, andrew, your natty films are great.

the spot i found is incredible. unfortunately its about a 30 minute
ride both ways- and thats pretty hard on the butt, so i cant go there
everyday. all those lines (except the last) are within a small area
that makes up a tiny fraction of the entire area- so there are millions
upon millions of lines that i have not ridden yet.

the camera i use is just tiny digital camera that has the ability to do
video as well as stills, so i dont think i could film in widescreen,
although if i could i know that i would.

Old November 18th 04, 02:23 AM
tennisgh22

awesome, i need to get out to rock creek park sometime

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - Haha you fool

The word gullible is written above my avatar!
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old November 18th 04, 11:44 AM
MrBoogiejuice

cool vid. Good choice of music too. You can't beat a bit of shadow.

Kit

--
MrBoogiejuice - Loyal subject of the crown

Clean living, fair play and devotion to the empire
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515