HED Tri-spoke wheel reliability

Old April 29th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
cycledogg

Default HED Tri-spoke wheel reliability

I am considering on getting a tri-spoke HED front wheel for my TT
bike and would like to know how well this type of wheel stays true.
How much lateral trueness should I expect this wheel to be within? Is
this type wheel more aero than a Zipp 404?
Cheers,
Rick in Tennessee
Old April 29th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:16:03 -0700 (PDT), cycledogg
wrote:

I am considering on getting a tri-spoke HED front wheel for my TT
bike and would like to know how well this type of wheel stays true.
How much lateral trueness should I expect this wheel to be within? Is
this type wheel more aero than a Zipp 404?
Cheers,
Rick in Tennessee

Dear Rick,

An old comparison of the Hed-3 and the Zipp 404:
http://www.analyticcycling.com/DiffE...urse_Page.html

Browse down on the left for the Cobb wheel drag data table.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old April 30th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Apr 29, 7:16*am, cycledogg wrote:
*I am considering on getting a tri-spoke HED front wheel for my TT
bike and would like to know how well this type of wheel stays true.
How much lateral trueness should I expect this wheel to be within? Is
this type wheel more aero than a Zipp 404?
Cheers,
Rick in Tennessee

Historically, these are 'pretty' true, even when they were made by
Dupont. They stay that way. Are not particularly light but very aero.

16 spoke wheel Don Barcode Techniques 5 July 20th 07 04:28 AM
Losing one spoke in an 18 spoke wheel... effect on lateral true. Ron Ruff Techniques 30 February 25th 07 11:18 PM
help w/ Aerospoke 5-spoke wheel enforme Techniques 0 September 29th 05 12:59 AM
Bet ya-45 spoke wheel Qui si parla Campagnolo Techniques 16 November 30th 04 02:24 AM
Personal Wheel Building Questions - Lacing, Spoke Counts, Spoke Choices Appkiller Techniques 36 November 25th 04 05:42 PM