Michael Rasmussen

Old July 25th 05, 05:21 PM
benjo maso

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

k.papai wrote:
Except... what about those poor guys barely racing whom he beat (half
the field)?
-Ken

That's it Ken. Send him to CSC or DC where he has competent support,
and they can work on his TT skills and he becomes a real threat.
Unfortunately he's in a team that seems to be completely incompetent.

I said it already in onther thread, but it seems that the Rabobank mechanic
wasn't so imcompetent during the TT. Rasmussen said he had a flat, but he
hadn't. When the mechanic discoverd it it, instead of making thourough
research what was wrong (including a psychological test), he decided to
bring Rasmussen another bike.

Benjo

Old July 25th 05, 05:38 PM
juani

"benjo maso" wrote in message

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

k.papai wrote:
Except... what about those poor guys barely racing whom he beat (half
the field)?
-Ken

That's it Ken. Send him to CSC or DC where he has competent support,
and they can work on his TT skills and he becomes a real threat.
Unfortunately he's in a team that seems to be completely incompetent.

I said it already in onther thread, but it seems that the Rabobank
mechanic wasn't so imcompetent during the TT. Rasmussen said he had a
flat, but he hadn't. When the mechanic discoverd it it, instead of making
thourough research what was wrong (including a psychological test), he
decided to bring Rasmussen another bike.

Stop blaming mechanics, naming stooges, etc
and read "The higher you fly, the harder you fall" :
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005...ul05/jul25news

"I needed a little time to clear my mind and to think about
what happened. And about what could have been done
differently. In any case, there is no need to blame anybody
but myself for what happened,"

Old July 25th 05, 05:39 PM
RonSonic

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:26:05 +1200, Stewart Fleming
wrote:

Nev Shea wrote:

So, did any commentator or newspaper headline say "The chicken lays an
egg"?

No, but at least we have and answer to "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Because he flatted and the mechanic didn't bring a wheel.

Ron

Old July 25th 05, 11:59 PM

I just figured out that you had to make an emergency bathroom break
during the stage, and were watching your TV in the living room via
a system (odd number) of mirrors.

-ilan

Morten Reippuert Knudsen a =E9crit :

He says he didn't stress before the stage, and that he had a very good
feeling as all day before the stage. However he didn't focus in
the roundabout where he crashed, as he followed the moterbike right,
although he had planed to go left as he did durring training and
therefore he went into the roundabout too fast and crashed. After that
he lost his rythem and focused at evrything but riding his bike.

Savoldelli also went right instead of left and almost crashed in the
same roundabout.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 300+300GB SATA, 8xDVD+/-RW, Bluetooth
mus + tastatur, R9600PRO, iSight, eyeTV200 & LaCie Photon18Vision TFT

Old July 26th 05, 01:34 AM
RonSonic

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:36:41 +0200, Morten Reippuert

I think the credit should go to T-Mobile, who attacked him relentlessly
every day prior to the ITT. I think their goal was to gain time back
as well as tire him out physically for the ITT, but it ended up also
exhausting him nervously.

He says he didn't stress before the stage, and that he had a very good
feeling as all day before the stage. However he didn't focus in
the roundabout where he crashed, as he followed the moterbike right,
although he had planed to go left as he did durring training and
therefore he went into the roundabout too fast and crashed. After that
he lost his rythem and focused at evrything but riding his bike.

Savoldelli also went right instead of left and almost crashed in the
same roundabout.

They both went left instead of right.

Other than that you nailed it.

Ron
Old July 26th 05, 11:03 AM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

RonSonic wrote:

They both went left instead of right.

Other than that you nailed it.

hæ, i need to wear my watch to know whats left and whats right.

Old August 9th 05, 03:25 AM
D. Ferguson

Default Michael Rasmussen

wrote:

Nev Shea wrote:

So, did any commentator or newspaper headline say "The chicken lays an
egg"?

No, but at least we have and answer to "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

He was looking for his pride.

Rasmussen Thomas Lund Racing 9 July 17th 05 08:10 PM
Michael Barry on CBC Radio Jason Spaceman Racing 0 May 18th 05 06:34 AM
Olympic Pick Contest: finaler Dan Connelly Racing 2 August 19th 04 04:44 AM
Olympic Pick Contest: final Dan Connelly Racing 1 August 19th 04 02:02 AM
The Fahrenheit 411: Michael Moore's Phony "Facts" Steve Racing 54 July 5th 04 09:01 AM