"The death of a pedestrian makes hell for all riders"

Old September 1st 06, 05:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Marx SS

Default "The death of a pedestrian makes hell for all riders"

Its good to get all this into perspective.

--
Marx SS

Old September 1st 06, 05:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama

TimC Wrote:

OK, so I've read two second hand reports. I assume, these being
posted to publicly available lists, that I can reproduce he

Careful.. some people can get a little narky.. and Usenet is _forever_.

--
gplama

Old September 1st 06, 05:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

gplama Wrote:
and Usenet is _forever_.

Wish I hadn't read that. Now got Shirley Bassey stuck in my head,
echoing away....

--
cfsmtb

Old September 1st 06, 05:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-09-01, Friday (aka Bruce)
BrettS wrote:
TimC quoted some guy called Aaron who wrote:

Oooh, I was about to correct the attribution, but you already got it
right.

It would be interesting if we as cyclists could communicate our
displeasure at red-light crossing cyclists and support for road
sharing attitudes - publicly. Dutchy!?

I've got it. We need "Red means stop Dickhead!" jerseys.

Will that all fit on a shirt?

You might end up with "Red means stop" on the front and "Dickhead!" on
the rear.

I was wishing for a flashing sign this morning. On my way to the
city, on a 4 lane road before peakhour, and three cars either passed
way too close in my lane, or beeped at me to get out of the ****ing
way while I was waiting at the red lights (funny, that seemed to have
prompted me to move further right. I'm a *******, aren't I?), despite
the other lanes being relatively unnoccupied.

I would have preprogammed "What's wrong with the other 3 lanes,
dickhead?"

--
TimC
"On a clear disk, you can seek forever..."
Old September 1st 06, 05:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-09-01, gplama (aka Bruce)

TimC Wrote:

OK, so I've read two second hand reports. I assume, these being
posted to publicly available lists, that I can reproduce he

Careful.. some people can get a little narky.. and Usenet is _forever_.

Damn. It's been years since I've used x-no-archive, and forgot it even exists.

Oh well, all my posts have the
header.

That'll cover it. For some reason, I want some bananananas now.

--
TimC
Is it because do me reconcile my life that I say perhaps your plans
Old September 1st 06, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

gplama wrote:

Careful.. some people can get a little narky.. and Usenet is _forever_.

It isn't usenet that is the problem. You can fix that with crunge
addresses and usenet posts eventually fall over the edge..

It is the "lists" that you subscribe to that do not tell you that they
spam your posts all over the internet so every spammer can grep your
valid(?) email address.
Old September 1st 06, 09:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound

wrote in message
ps.com...
What I don't understand is... where was he in relation to the other
riders? Was the rider solo? If he was at the front of a pack then did
the whole pack go through the red light? If he was in the middle of a
pack how did he hit the pedestrian? Did the pedestrian step out into
the middle of a pack?

None of the media reports I have seen have explained these details.
All (or many) of the riders are equally guilty - not just the poor
bloke who hit him.

-- ff

All the others stoped for the red light, the pedestiean started crossing as
the cyclist passed the other stopped cyclists. That's my understanding,
anyway.

Old September 1st 06, 09:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound

"BrettS" wrote in message
u...
TimC quoted some guy called Aaron who wrote:

It would be interesting if we as cyclists could communicate our
displeasure at red-light crossing cyclists and support for road
sharing attitudes - publicly. Dutchy!?

I've got it. We need "Red means stop Dickhead!" jerseys.

--
BrettS

I really like that as a notion. If there's a run of jerseys put me down for
one in short fat man size.

Old September 2nd 06, 01:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Friday wrote:
BrettS wrote:
I've got it. We need "Red means stop Dickhead!" jerseys.

Will that all fit on a shirt?

You might end up with "Red means stop" on the front and "Dickhead!" on
the rear.

A good graphic designer could set it up with symbols.

Donga

Old September 2nd 06, 02:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BrettS

Donga wrote:
Friday wrote:

BrettS wrote:

I've got it. We need "Red means stop Dickhead!" jerseys.

Will that all fit on a shirt?

You might end up with "Red means stop" on the front and "Dickhead!" on
the rear.

A good graphic designer could set it up with symbols.

Don't s'pose that there are any reading this group? ;-)

--
BrettS