Guns On Bikes???

Old February 28th 04, 04:19 PM
Doug Huffman

Default Guns On Bikes???

Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called 'pointing',
'brandishing' or 'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you took
care of that with a sub-machine gun look-alike.

If'n you're gonna pack heat then it better be real enough a 'packin' that
you know what you're doin'. Either run with the big dogs or stay on the
porch.

Old February 29th 04, 04:54 AM
Christopher R. Law

Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called 'pointing',
'brandishing' or 'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you took
care of that with a sub-machine gun look-alike.

Naturally, I would only do what the law allows. I grew up in Vermont where back
window gunracks seemed to be standard equipment on most pickups. Even tractors
had carriers (for the odd woodchuck).

I wasn't aware that simply carrying - just carrying, not pointing or
threatening with, a toy gun would also fall under the brandishing rule. Guess
us kids in Vermont broke that law every day. Heck we even pointed them at each
other and went "bang, bang." Whats that now, the death penalty?

Bought my first (and only) .22 at the Ben Franklin's 5 and 10 cent store. No ID
and they didn't even ask me my age.

Chris Law
Greater Newark, DE
Old February 29th 04, 01:09 PM
Doug Huffman

Not 'simply carrying' but openly carrying. In my state, if my legally
concealed weapon 'prints' through my jacket then I am liable to a charge of
'brandishing.' Remember too that it is a charge and only proven by a trier
of fact - a judge/jury.

There is quite some comment on the 'net now about 'it isn't the crime but
the 'seriousness' of the charge'. This in the day of PC. I hate PC.

Old February 29th 04, 02:35 PM
Pete

"Christopher R. Law" wrote in message
Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called

'pointing',
'brandishing' or 'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you took
care of that with a sub-machine gun look-alike.

Naturally, I would only do what the law allows. I grew up in Vermont where

back
window gunracks seemed to be standard equipment on most pickups. Even

tractors
had carriers (for the odd woodchuck).

I wasn't aware that simply carrying - just carrying, not pointing or
threatening with, a toy gun would also fall under the brandishing rule.

Guess
us kids in Vermont broke that law every day. Heck we even pointed them at

each
other and went "bang, bang." Whats that now, the death penalty?

There's a story I like to tell about this:
A couple of summers ago, a few of the neighborhood teens had taken it into
their heads to spraypaint squirtguns black. From more than 5' away, they
looked just like a .45 pistol.
I cornered them one afternoon, and told them exactly what would happen
"One of the crazy old ladies on the street will see you with that thing, and
call the cops. They'll get a report of "A tall black kid walking down the
stret with a weapon."
So they're going to be on edge already. When they pull up, you'll be lucky
not to get shot if you turn around wrong."

So I confiscated the 'guns' and the can of paint. 'If you want it back, tell
your parent(s) to come get it' (None ever did)

A week or so later, one of the kids that wasn't there had exactly that
happen. Someone saw him, called it in, big hoohaa with the cops.

I don't remember the charge, but he was found guilty and placed on house
arrest all sumer.

Pete

Old February 29th 04, 04:45 PM
Doug Huffman

Good cautionary story.

IF you're gong to arm yourself then do it responsibly. If you're going to
ride a bicycle then do it responsibly. If you're going to opine publicly
then do it responsibly.

Old March 1st 04, 12:12 AM
Geoff Miller

Speaking as a driver, I wouldn't hesitate to run over
and crush to death any bicyclist who brandished a gun
at me. I'd even turn around and come back in order
to do it, too.

Of course, if you people would show a bit of courtesy
and consideration for others when you ride, rather
than provoking motorists by riding where you have no
business riding, "taking the lane," and generally
getting underfoot, the matter would never come up to
begin with.

Geoff

--
"Dennis Kucinich did his tax return this week,
and under 'occupation' he wrote 'Jay Leno

Old March 1st 04, 04:09 AM
Pete

"Geoff Miller" wrote in message

Speaking as a driver, I wouldn't hesitate to run over
and crush to death any bicyclist who brandished a gun
at me. I'd even turn around and come back in order
to do it, too.

Of course, if you people would show a bit of courtesy
and consideration for others when you ride, rather
than provoking motorists by riding where you have no
business riding, "taking the lane," and generally
getting underfoot, the matter would never come up to
begin with.

Speaking as a human being, I think you're an asshole.

Pete

Old March 2nd 04, 03:43 PM
Geoff Miller

Ken [NY) blusters:

Not a very good idea. I shoot "Master" and my rounds
travel a lot faster than your car.

It's doubtful at best that you'd shoot "master" at a
moving target that was jinking as it approached, with
adrenaline pumping through your body.

Your entrails would end up strewn across the hot, filthy
asphalt. And then, for the final indignity, I'd stop,
jerk your Spandex down around your knobby little knees,
and screw the barrel of your gun into what was left of
your ass. Punk.

I've long entertained a theory that in private moments,
you spokeheads employ your tire pumps for anal self-
gratification. Confirm/deny?

Don't make threats you can't enforce.

I don't make "threats," Bubba. I make promises.

I have seen a lot more motorists than drivers with
a lack of consideration for others.

Of course you do. You see what you want to see, and
believing that motorists are more inconsiderate than
cyclists dovetails tidily with your agenda and world-
view, doesn't it?

Cyclists don't run motorists off the roadway, it's
the other way around.

You're glossing over the part about what cyclists do
to _deserve_ being run off the road.

If we get in your way, too bad. We have a right to
the roadway too.

Spoken like a mature, responsible citizen of the ol'
commonweal. That attitude is precisely why motorists
have come to despise bicyclists.

Geoff

Old March 2nd 04, 07:15 PM
H. M. Leary

In article ,
Zoot Katz wrote:

2 Mar 2004 07:43:55 -0800, ,
(Geoff Miller) wrote:

I don't make "threats," Bubba. I make promises.

hehehehehe!

Go tinkle, bitch.

Good on yer, Zoot!

--
"Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness"

Old March 3rd 04, 01:23 AM
Robert Haston

NOTHING LIKE TALKING ABOUT CARS OR GUNS TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN PEOPLE!

"Ken [NY)" wrote in message
On 2 Mar 2004 07:43:55 -0800, (Geoff Miller)
mumbled incoherently:

Ken [NY) blusters:

Not a very good idea. I shoot "Master" and my rounds
travel a lot faster than your car.

It's doubtful at best that you'd shoot "master" at a
moving target that was jinking as it approached, with
adrenaline pumping through your body.

I have fired at moving targets while a soldier and later as a
cop, and hit what I aimed at. You don't know what you're talking
about, fruitcake.

Don't make threats you can't enforce.

I don't make "threats," Bubba. I make promises.

Yeah, a little fruitcake acting ferocious, issuing promises
while hiding behind your big, bad keyboard. shudder

I have seen a lot more motorists than drivers with
a lack of consideration for others.

Of course you do. You see what you want to see, and
believing that motorists are more inconsiderate than
cyclists dovetails tidily with your agenda and world-
view, doesn't it?

If we get in your way, too bad. We have a right to
the roadway too.

Spoken like a mature, responsible citizen of the ol'
commonweal. That attitude is precisely why motorists
have come to despise bicyclists.

I don't care who you dip****s despise. I'd bet that you are
probably one of those short people driving big cars or trucks to make
up for your lack of height and shortness of penis. Then once in a
while, you go to usenet to try to frighten people who are much more
fit than you are. It's nothing more than jealousy, fruitcake.

Cordially,
Ken (NY)
Chairman,
Department Of Redundancy Department
___________________________________
email:
http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

"Part of the solution for the environmental crisis
may well lie in our ability to achieve a better
balance between the sexes."
-Al Gore, 'Earth In The Balance' page 213

Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
A: Telling your parents you're gay.

spammers can send mail to

Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 18 July 16th 04 04:28 AM
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking BB Mountain Biking 31 July 4th 04 02:35 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM