Merry Christmas & Be careful on the roads

Old December 24th 18, 10:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Merry Christmas & Be careful on the roads

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Remember that today is the last chance for many to do their unfinished shopping. Many bicyclists and/or motorists are liable to be quite distracted whilst operating their vehicle on the roads or in parking lots. Please be extra vigilant today and this holiday season so that you are not one of those who gets run down or otherwise injured.

Cheers
Old December 24th 18, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:51:49 AM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

And you, Ridealot, and everyone else on RBT.

Andre Jute
Season of goodwill to all

Old December 24th 18, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 5:57:15 AM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:51:49 AM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

And you, Ridealot, and everyone else on RBT.

Andre Jute
Season of goodwill to all

+1

--
duane

++1.

Going on a ride with my son -- something easy, or easy for him. It is never easy for me riding with him. He generates too many watts.

I just put on some new Conti 4Seasons, which were an incredibly tight fit on the Ardennes. At first, I thought I had mistakenly bought 650B -- but I finally got them on. No flats today! I don't want to be struggling with those things on the roadside. Hope they're not to slippery with the mold release.

Weather: overcast, wet but not raining. Cold but not freezing. Typical PNW winter day and a fine day for the rain bikes. I'm going to check with NORAD when I get back and see how Santa is progressing -- or maybe check Santa's Strava page.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 24th 18, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Good luck on your ride! I'd hate to have a puncture with a tire that's a bear to get off. I did have a pair of tires that were extremely hard to mount on one pair of wheels I had. I figured that if I punctured with those tires on it'd be in far less than ideal circumstances for a roadside repair. therefore I moved those tires to another pair of wheels that they were a LOT easier to mount onto.

Cheers
Old December 25th 18, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

No flats. 28mm 4Seasons have a bit of a beach-ball feel compared to the ProRaces, but the grip was great on wet cement. The ride was tiny -- 11 miles and 1,100 feet of climbing -- which is just going up to SW Fairmount and riding around a few times and up to Council Crest and home. Up the goat roads to Fairmount trying to keep my son in sight. https://tinyurl.com/y83fm4lo

The main event was a family walk with my wife and son of about 7 miles through the fairy kingdom down the road from our house. https://paulgerald.com/wp-content/up...ate-park-3.jpg Stopped at the local store for a couple of things on then ran into our neighbors who were distributing Christmas cookies. Very nice. It was a total Norman Rockwell experience. A no car day.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 25th 18, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Got up early on this Christmas day and I hit the road as soon as it was light enough. Nice quiet weather and the streets were empty for most of my 62 km ride.

Lou
Old December 25th 18, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Empty roads here too. Even the country roads. Got another NOS Uniglide cassette for Christmas.

Cheers

OT - Merry CHRISTmas Michael Baldwin General 5 December 27th 08 05:54 PM
Merry Christmas wafflycat UK 4 December 25th 07 10:15 AM
Merry Christmas smee56 Unicycling 0 December 24th 07 09:56 AM
merry christmas! datakoll Racing 3 December 10th 07 01:21 PM
merry christmas kris.lee Unicycling 17 December 25th 06 08:58 AM