Coventry university

Old August 17th 03, 12:39 PM
bob francisco

Default Coventry university

just got through all the bumf about my accomodation at Coventry University.
im starting a nursing course there in September.
under the heading "some more of your accomodation questions answered" is
this:

Q- I want to bring my bicycle to Coventry.
A- There is no student bicycle storage in the University-owned or managed
accomodation and you are therefore strongly advised not to bring a bicycle
to the University.

well i usually ignore advice anyway, lets just hope i dont get stuck in one
of the tower block halls of residence.

also, i live in yardley Birmingham at the mo and am planning to hop back and
forth on the bike most weekends. any route suggestions.

and how do you people who live in Cov cope with the ringroad? it was a
nitemare in the car.

cheers
bob.

Old August 20th 03, 12:49 PM
Tony Raven

In ,
bob francisco typed:
just got through all the bumf about my accomodation at Coventry
University. im starting a nursing course there in September.
under the heading "some more of your accomodation questions answered"
is this:

Q- I want to bring my bicycle to Coventry.
A- There is no student bicycle storage in the University-owned or
managed accomodation and you are therefore strongly advised not to
bring a bicycle to the University.

Should have gone to Southampton for Nursing:

http://www.unilink.soton.ac.uk/bikes.html

Just won a CTC award for their support of cycling including smartcard
accessed bike sheds on campus and at halls, rescue service, bikes on the
buses, showers and a cycle recycling scheme.

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

Old August 20th 03, 05:39 PM
Call me Bob

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:34:45 +0100, Colin Blackburn
wrote:

Q- I want to bring my bicycle to Coventry.
A- There is no student bicycle storage in the University-owned or managed
accomodation and you are therefore strongly advised not to bring a bicycle
to the University.

Of course you could always get yourself a folder with your first grant^W
loan cheque.

What a ridiculous idea! Student loans are for beer, everyone knows
that....

Bob
--
Mail address is spam trapped
To reply by email remove the beverage
Old August 20th 03, 07:16 PM
Nick Kew

In article , one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "bob francisco" wrote:

Q- I want to bring my bicycle to Coventry.
A- There is no student bicycle storage in the University-owned or managed
accomodation and you are therefore strongly advised not to bring a bicycle
to the University.

Sounds like a good reason to go elsewhere. I wonder if Coventry is
in hock to its local death industry?

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars?
Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5, Germany 0.8
Old August 20th 03, 08:30 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:39:22 +0100, "bob francisco"
wrote:

Q- I want to bring my bicycle to Coventry.
A- There is no student bicycle storage in the University-owned or managed
accomodation and you are therefore strongly advised not to bring a bicycle
to the University.

Is there parking for MDGs? If so you might like to comment on the
irony of coercing future health workers into using a mode of transport
which is partly responsible for the fact that heart disease is
Britain's biggest killer.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
New! Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!