The weather

Old August 10th 04, 06:41 PM
Alan Paterson

Default The weather

What is with this rain!!?

Old August 10th 04, 06:42 PM
Kevin Stone

What is with this rain!!?

You're not a duck farmer then?

--
Stonge

Old August 10th 04, 06:46 PM
Paul - xxx

What is with this rain!!?

It's wet ...

It knows you want to go out riding ...

It doesn't really want you to ...

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Old August 10th 04, 06:52 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:55:20 +0100, Clive George
wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
What is with this rain!!?

It's wet ...

It knows you want to go out riding ...

It doesn't really want you to ...

Yes, grr. I really wanted to go out and have a splash, but was stuck at
home
tending sewage instead :-(

(I think there would have been some great floods to cycle through too)

The A69 a bit further along from us was closed to motor traffic. Not sure
if the floods were cyclable since it was more a case of the water flowing
across the road rather than its depth.

Bring back memories of cycling through Oxford floods in wellies.

Colin

Old August 10th 04, 07:08 PM
Clive George

"Colin Blackburn" wrote in message
news
The A69 a bit further along from us was closed to motor traffic. Not sure
if the floods were cyclable since it was more a case of the water flowing
across the road rather than its depth.

Bring back memories of cycling through Oxford floods in wellies.

My best one was in Somerset - cycling through a flood there with water up to
the bottom of the central bit of my drop bars. Seeing the lights glow about
1ft underwater was quite interesting. Jolly hard work too!

(wellies + wetsocks and cycling shorts)

cheers,
clive

Old August 10th 04, 07:15 PM
Mike Quin

In article , bob watkinson wrote:
call me weird but I enjoy it. it's not cold after all.

It's good to hear I'm not the only one. I've been commuting to work the
last couple of days in shorts and a tshirt, with a skin-out change of
clothes in my bag.

--
Mike Quin
Old August 10th 04, 07:17 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:12:15 GMT, bob watkinson
wrote:

call me weird but I enjoy it. it's not cold after all.

Hey everyone, it's Weird Bob Watkinson!

I know what you mean but the temperature up here isn't that warm at the
moment and it's still raining.

Colin

Old August 10th 04, 07:43 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:28:07 GMT, bob watkinson
wrote:

up here he says! well I'm in Perthshire and it aint cold!

I can't keep track of who lives in which Perth!

I sweated buckets a couple of hours ago when I went for a spin.

*Down* here it was very warm yesterday but it seems to have moved to the
cold side of mild today. It's all gone to pot!

Colin
Old August 10th 04, 08:12 PM
bob watkinson

call me weird but I enjoy it. it's not cold after all.

"Alan Paterson @blueyonder.co.uk" apsw07048SPAM wrote in message
.uk...
What is with this rain!!?