Vehicle assault

Old April 13th 05, 03:21 PM

Default Vehicle assault

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

Old April 13th 05, 03:40 PM
Maggie

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

The driver is a 51-year-old woman? Get out of town. Wow, we women are
getting violent. ;-)
Maggie

Old April 13th 05, 03:51 PM
Pat Lamb

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

I confidently predict the case will go nowhere. The cops don't seem
inclined to push the case, so they won't do the forensics to check the
snagged and dragged vs. the jumped on the hood story. At that point it
turns into "he said, she said," and the DA won't bother to prosecute.

FWIW, I almost believe the cyclist. Don't quite see how he could get
sideswiped and not fall, with him going slowly and the road muddy...

Pat
Old April 13th 05, 03:56 PM
Neil Brooks

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

Hey, Jobst...

Is the Woodside Bakery still there? Dollars to donuts (sorry) she was
just in a hurry for a croque monsieur and a cafe creme.

[sarcasm] So glad she made it to work on time. Her decision not to
call the police doesn't influence *my* decision about her guilt or
innocence [/sarcasm]

IIRC, btw, that's just an ab-so-lute-ly beautiful road. Been up and
down that a time or two on the BMW m/c. Mmmmmmm.

Anybody know Arp? If he's allowed to talk about it . . . it'd be cool
to get a few more details . . . .

And lastly . . . as I'm fond of saying about car v. bike: high risk,
low reward. Call the cops, get behind a tree, reload . . . something
.. . . but don't engage.
Old April 13th 05, 04:18 PM

Pat Lamb writes:

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

I confidently predict the case will go nowhere. The cops don't seem
inclined to push the case, so they won't do the forensics to check
the snagged and dragged vs. the jumped on the hood story. At that
point it turns into "he said, she said," and the DA won't bother to
prosecute.

The dragged part is established by the wear marks on the shoes and
there is no ambiguity about the interaction taking place. It depends
on whether the rider hires an attorney.

FWIW, I almost believe the cyclist. Don't quite see how he could
get sideswiped and not fall, with him going slowly and the road
muddy...

It may have been wet but it isn't muddy. This is a narrow well paved
road in the redwoods that is used by many bicyclists.

Old April 13th 05, 05:32 PM
Bill Sornson

Neil Brooks wrote:
wrote:

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

Hey, Jobst...

Is the Woodside Bakery still there? Dollars to donuts (sorry) she was
just in a hurry for a croque monsieur and a cafe creme.

Neil --

Right after we parted ways yesterday, I was /really/ closely buzzed by a
speeding school bus as I humped up Clairemont Drive. (I yelled a well known
religious figure's name in response.) Knowing there was a stop light ahead,
I sped up a bit to see if I could catch the miscreant; the light turned
green while I was still a ways back.

THEN, however, the bus pulled over and parked! Did the driver hear me yell
and want a piece of me? (I was in a good mood for it, so let's go!) Then I
see a rather chubby fellow /run/ from the front of the bus INTO McDONALD'S!
He wasn't rushing to deliver or pick up any punklets on time; he wanted to
get his 99-cent double che'burger on!

I noted the bus number (4005) and was tempted to punch off its rear-view
mirror as I rode by, but just glared threateningly at the (empty) beast
instead. Pretty sure I'm going to make a call today and report ol' Moby
Smallfries, but highly doubt that anything will come of it.

Oohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Bill S.

Old April 13th 05, 06:15 PM
jhas

Report it. The driver may get a talking-to from his boss. In any
event, you'll feel better, right?

I had a semi-close call a Verizon telephone truck that ran a red light
as I was pulling out into the intersection. I tried to see the truck's
number but he sped away . . . to Dunkin' Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I
detect a pattern here?

Old April 13th 05, 06:18 PM
catzz66

I bet a lot of us have had problems with mean/crazy drivers. Years ago,
I got regularly buzzed by a paper boy (I think he had reached his career
peak) in a huge Chevy Caprice with personalized plates that said
"DIABLO". Eventually I figured out how to keep his route and mine from
intersecting (or he was arrested for something else), but he was a menace.
Old April 13th 05, 06:22 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

"Lt. Jones said the driver gave a different version of events at the stop
sign. By her account, Mr. Arp leapt on to the hood of her car before she
turned left on to Portola Road, then fell off after she traveled about 75
feet."

Yep, that's what I always do when a car does something bad. Jump onto the
hood as it speeds away, dragging my feet on the ground in an attempt to stop
it. That's why Sidi shoes have replaceable heel pads.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

I wonder? Tony Raven UK 1 April 17th 05 09:39 PM
Road Rage Incident - Did I do the right thing? GaryG General 262 March 21st 05 10:41 PM
ELECTRIC VEHICLE COMPANY, ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP TEAM UP FOR EMISSSION FREE TRANSPORTATION evnrgman Techniques 0 January 22nd 05 04:11 PM
London Taxi Attempted Assault Jon Senior UK 114 July 20th 04 10:09 AM
Vehicle Miles per Year USA for Bicycles Bob Smith Social Issues 3 December 24th 03 06:59 PM