Thanks for the tip....Take A Look!

Old April 16th 05, 11:13 PM
Pat

Default Thanks for the tip....Take A Look!

I want to thank everyone who recommended the Take a Look! mirror. I asked my
LBS to order me one and picked it up yesterday. I used it today on a 100K
ride in Granbury, TX called "Cruisin' de Hood".

This mirror is absolutely the best I have ever used. It grips any sunglasses
I want to use it on, even the ones with the flat side temples AND the round
Oakley temples. It does not vibrate, it does not lose its setting, and the
view is crystal clear. When I took off my sunglasses, it did not fall off
or change its attitude.

I wish I had known about these a few years ago. I am going back to get
another mirror tomorrow--and put it in my mountain bike bag.

Pat in TX

Old April 16th 05, 11:58 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I want to thank everyone who recommended the Take a Look! mirror. I asked
my
LBS to order me one and picked it up yesterday. I used it today on a 100K
ride in Granbury, TX called "Cruisin' de Hood".

This mirror is absolutely the best I have ever used. It grips any
sunglasses
I want to use it on, even the ones with the flat side temples AND the
round
Oakley temples. It does not vibrate, it does not lose its setting, and
the
view is crystal clear. When I took off my sunglasses, it did not fall off
or change its attitude.

I wish I had known about these a few years ago. I am going back to get
another mirror tomorrow--and put it in my mountain bike bag.

Pat in TX

A helpful hint for those installing the Take a Look mirror on their helmet-
install the plastic bracket to the helmet initially with masking tape, so
you can check out the best position for it. Once you've got it figured out,
*then* use the double-sided adhesive tape for permanent placement.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 17th 05, 12:20 AM
GaryG

"Pat" wrote in message
I want to thank everyone who recommended the Take a Look! mirror. I asked

my
LBS to order me one and picked it up yesterday. I used it today on a 100K
ride in Granbury, TX called "Cruisin' de Hood".

This mirror is absolutely the best I have ever used. It grips any

sunglasses
I want to use it on, even the ones with the flat side temples AND the

round
Oakley temples. It does not vibrate, it does not lose its setting, and

the
view is crystal clear. When I took off my sunglasses, it did not fall off
or change its attitude.

I wish I had known about these a few years ago. I am going back to get
another mirror tomorrow--and put it in my mountain bike bag.

Pat in TX

Just out of curiosity...did you get the original "long arm" model, or the
newer "short arm" model?

GG

Old April 17th 05, 07:57 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Just out of curiosity...did you get the original "long arm" model, or the
newer "short arm" model?

GG

I thought it was the opposite; the original being the shorter version. In
any event, we have much better results, when mounted on the helmet, with the
longer version. Haven't found anybody yet who preferred the shorter one, but
that could be because every one we sell seems to find its way onto a helmet,
not eyewear.

Old April 17th 05, 01:49 PM
Pat

: newer "short arm" model?
:
: GG

When I picked it up, I was nervous to see that the package read "Compact
Size", but I took it anyway. It sticks out much less than the previous
mirror I was using, but that turned out not to be a problem. I read where
one other buyer had skepticism about the mirror's backing, so I bought a
little metallic sticker at the same time and put it on the back of the
mirror for added protection against scratching.

Pat in TX

Old April 17th 05, 01:51 PM
Pat

:
: A helpful hint for those installing the Take a Look mirror on their
helmet-
: install the plastic bracket to the helmet initially with masking tape, so
: you can check out the best position for it. Once you've got it figured
out,
: *then* use the double-sided adhesive tape for permanent placement.
:
: --Mike Jacoubowsky

Mike, I believe you are thinking of a different brand of mirror. The Take A
Look does not have adhesive on it at all. It has 3 stainless steel pivot
points like little fingers that grip the preferred surface. This one is
made by Bike Peddler and my LBS found it in the Trek catalog, I believe. It
wasn't in the big generic catalog that all bike shops seem to have.

Pat in TX

Old April 17th 05, 03:14 PM
GaryG

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
m...
Just out of curiosity...did you get the original "long arm" model, or

the
newer "short arm" model?

GG

I thought it was the opposite; the original being the shorter version. In
any event, we have much better results, when mounted on the helmet, with

the
longer version. Haven't found anybody yet who preferred the shorter one,

but
that could be because every one we sell seems to find its way onto a

helmet,
not eyewear.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Interesting. Everyone I ride with uses the long arm version too, but
mounted on the eyewear. What's the advantage to helmet mount?

GG

Old April 17th 05, 03:39 PM
Pat

:
: I thought it was the opposite; the original being the shorter version.
In
: any event, we have much better results, when mounted on the helmet, with
: the
: longer version. Haven't found anybody yet who preferred the shorter one,
: but
: that could be because every one we sell seems to find its way onto a
: helmet,
: not eyewear.
:
: --Mike Jacoubowsky

:
: Interesting. Everyone I ride with uses the long arm version too, but
: mounted on the eyewear. What's the advantage to helmet mount?
:
: GG

He's thinking about an entirely different product, Gary. Read the previous
post where he talks about using adhesive to fasten it to the helmet. That
is not the Take a Look mirror.

Pat in TX
:
:

Old April 17th 05, 04:15 PM
Mathias Koerber

Pat said the following on 17/4/2005 20:51:
:
: A helpful hint for those installing the Take a Look mirror on their
helmet-
: install the plastic bracket to the helmet initially with masking tape, so
: you can check out the best position for it. Once you've got it figured
out,
: *then* use the double-sided adhesive tape for permanent placement.
:
: --Mike Jacoubowsky

Mike, I believe you are thinking of a different brand of mirror. The Take A
Look does not have adhesive on it at all. It has 3 stainless steel pivot
points like little fingers that grip the preferred surface. This one is
made by Bike Peddler and my LBS found it in the Trek catalog, I believe. It
wasn't in the big generic catalog that all bike shops seem to have.

Pat in TX

Pat,

Mike was talking about the 'helmet mount accessory', which is a small
rail that is fixed to the helmet with adhesive, and to which the TaL
mirror clips instead of the glasses.

His tip though should be usable for any other type of helmet-mount
mirror...
Old April 17th 05, 04:17 PM
Mathias Koerber

Pat said the following on 17/4/2005 22:39:
:
[...]

He is talking about the TaL mirror. There is an accessory to mount
it on a helmet..