Building a Trials course from scratch...need ideas...

Old May 9th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Building a Trials course from scratch...need ideas...

while scootin around on my uni yesterday i noticed this old abondoned
tennis area behind my building...i had seen it before but it never
clicked till now. ive decided to create a trials course in there. i
just need some ideas(maybe even pictures) of what to put in there...ive
never seen a real trials course. i have a way to get some cheap pallets
and theyre doing construction to my building so getting some wood
shouldnt be too much of a problem but i just need to kno what i should
put in. if anyone has any ideas please reply.

thanks
-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 9th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

www.unicycletips.com has some great directions to buidling some
structures, other than that you can pretty much use your imagination.
Depends what you want to ride on what you end up building.

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old May 9th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

gapping bars

--
unitoon

Unicycling -- the great gender equalizer. - Bmemike

I've always wondered what it would be like to beat someone to death with
a unicycle. Then again, I don't want to damage any of my unicycles. -
Unisteve

unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

Old May 9th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

go grab/steal some pallets from random grocerie stores

go to construction sites and take trash wood/steal wood.

thats what i do accept i dont steal.

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old May 12th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

tires, furniture, cars, pallets, spools, random lumber, bikes(),
anything else you got layin round

--
unijesse

Unicycle For Christ

00000
00000
00000
00000
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Old May 12th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

oooo.............make it out of lego.....that would be really cool
actually...good grip ...i wish

--
sparrowhawk

"I can only speak to myself." —George W. Bush
sparrowhawk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11813

Old May 9th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

build some skinnies, some sandwich boards, and then get some pallets.
then you have a course that you can switch up.

personally i have 4 sandwich boards, 2 of them are a foot tall when
they are set up and the other ones are about 2 feet tall when they are
set up. i have a few skinnies built out of 2x4s and then i built some
boxes to jump around on. but pallets will work just as well(if not
better) if you can get em.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Old May 12th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On Tue, 9 May 2006 16:41:05 -0500, trials_uni wrote:

if anyone has any ideas please reply.

See http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/props.htm

for some suggestions on how to build simple trials stuff.

Old May 12th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

We heat our house with wood so we usualy have a lot of split wood laying
around. I like to stack it up and nail boards to it to make ramps and
jumps. We also have a pedal grabbing plank. Your course could be
epecially cool if you could build a rock pile for gapping.

--
wadebrothers
wadebrothers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11968

Old May 13th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

my mum ripped my pallets apart after I had a bad stack
use ramps and mabey support a plank w/ rope maby (an idea i had for
ages now)

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.

Help yourself to anything in the fridge.

And please don't feed the clowns.

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403