Anyone want to be a bicycle postie?

Old October 9th 06, 10:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Liz

Default Anyone want to be a bicycle postie?

BICYCLE POSTIES
Location: Sydney - South
Advertiser: Australia Post - NSW
Classification: Government/Defence Government: State
reliable people to become posties at various locations in the Sydney
Metropolitan area .
View this job at: http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?JobID=7857612

Old October 9th 06, 10:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:36:12 GMT
Liz wrote:
BICYCLE POSTIES
Location: Sydney - South
Advertiser: Australia Post - NSW
Classification: Government/Defence Government: State
reliable people to become posties at various locations in the Sydney
Metropolitan area .
View this job at: http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?JobID=7857612

When you go to that link it says bicycles. When you go to their
application form it says motorcycles or walking.

Zebee
Old October 10th 06, 01:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Marx SS

what I have previously been told by a postie is that you are primarily
issued a m'cycle, but you can also bag a bicycle for the rounds which
some die hards had. Don't forget that you can carry more & move faster
on a motorcycle than cycle so there is a preference for the m'bike.

I would like the option of a cycle for slow mail days, maybe alternate.

The bikes they recently had weren't very high tech though & mail can
weigh up to 20kgs (m'cycle carring capacity I think).

I think being a postie is a cool job. Everyone can relate to it. It
makes for a great lifestyle.

--
Marx SS

Old October 10th 06, 03:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Marx SS wrote:
what I have previously been told by a postie is that you are primarily
issued a m'cycle, but you can also bag a bicycle for the rounds which
some die hards had. Don't forget that you can carry more & move faster
on a motorcycle than cycle so there is a preference for the m'bike.

I would like the option of a cycle for slow mail days, maybe alternate.

The bikes they recently had weren't very high tech though & mail can
weigh up to 20kgs (m'cycle carring capacity I think).

I think being a postie is a cool job. Everyone can relate to it. It
makes for a great lifestyle.

You can claim your motorbike license as a tax deduction because you need
it for your job!

Friday
Old October 10th 06, 12:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
dewatf

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:36:12 GMT, Liz wrote:

BICYCLE POSTIES
Location: Sydney - South
Advertiser: Australia Post - NSW
Classification: Government/Defence Government: State
reliable people to become posties at various locations in the Sydney
Metropolitan area .
View this job at: http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?JobID=7857612

Be careful Australia Post will tell any lie to get people.

While there are some walking deliveries, and the odd cyclist, it's mostly
casual shift work doing motorcycle deliveries and night sorting.

dewatf.
Old October 10th 06, 11:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
dave

dewatf wrote:
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:36:12 GMT, Liz wrote:

BICYCLE POSTIES
Location: Sydney - South
Advertiser: Australia Post - NSW
Classification: Government/Defence Government: State
reliable people to become posties at various locations in the Sydney
Metropolitan area .
View this job at: http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?JobID=7857612

Be careful Australia Post will tell any lie to get people.

While there are some walking deliveries, and the odd cyclist, it's mostly
casual shift work doing motorcycle deliveries and night sorting.

dewatf.

for the first time ever I agree with dewatf.
It depends on the manager. Being a postie can be an OK job or a slice
of hell. Depending just on how hard your boss wants you to work for him.

But australia post lies like few cooperations in history about your job
and promotion prospects. If you can actually do the job they dont want
you doing anything else. Ever.

Dave
Old October 12th 06, 08:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-10-10, dave (aka Bruce)
dewatf wrote:
Be careful Australia Post will tell any lie to get people.

While there are some walking deliveries, and the odd cyclist, it's mostly
casual shift work doing motorcycle deliveries and night sorting.

for the first time ever I agree with dewatf.
It depends on the manager. Being a postie can be an OK job or a slice
of hell. Depending just on how hard your boss wants you to work for him.

But australia post lies like few cooperations in history about your job
and promotion prospects. If you can actually do the job they dont want
you doing anything else. Ever.

If they can't do their job, they'll be promoted?

Isn't that usual for any corporation?

--
TimC
My cats are forbidden from walking on my computer keyboard on the desk