Ed Dolan & Melanie

Old April 4th 11, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Ed Dolan & Recumbents

wrote in message
On Apr 3, 9:40 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 3, 2:15 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...] Why put up with any soreness at all unless you are strictly into
speed.
Otherwise a recumbent is the ONLY way to go for any ride longer than an
hour. That at least is something that Tom Sherman and I can agree upon.

I've never understand why I exercise the way I do. Its not really for

competition cause I never race. Its almost dorky. I do something
repeatedly that looks stupid to my wife and probably to many others.
Its painful. But, but, but.. I am addicted. Its like being an
alcoholic. Once you are addicted, it stops being fun. But if you don't
do it, you feel like crap.

Andres, I think you are ready for a recumbent. It will reintroduce you to
the fun of cycling. Only speed freaks need an upright. The rest of us are
better off with recumbents.

However, not all recumbents are created equal. Hells Bells, it is even fun
to shop for the right recumbent.

But but but....Then I will need to join alt.bikes,recumbent to consult

with. However, since it is defunct. I have nowhere to go.

Andres, I am serious, you are ready for a recumbent! Pain and suffering is
the beginning of all wisdom and as a Jewish person (or at least of Jewish
heritage) I know that you know that! Now get with it and stop making
excuses. It will be the best money you ever spent in your life.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 4th 11, 07:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Dan O" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 8:40 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Andres, I think you are ready for a recumbent. It will reintroduce you to
the fun of cycling.

Nothing against recumbents, and fun is where you find it, but I don't
"cycle" (my washing machine does), I Ride Bike, which for me involves
a lot of tight maneuvers and throwing the thing around, which
recumbents just aren't so well suited to.

Dan, you are into going fast whether you admit it or not. Most of us don't
give a damn about going fast. We cycle for fun and exercise. Any pain at all
detracts from the fun and exercise. Recumbents totally eliminate the
universal pain associated with cycling. We humans need a proper seat, not a
saddle.

The main thing I have always had against recumbents is that they are so
expensive. But once you get one, you will never look back.

Old April 4th 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
dgk

Default OT - Why is Mutilation of Infants Allowed?

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 17:20:10 -0500, Tºm Shermªn™ °_°
" wrote:

On 4/2/2011 4:18 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T?m Sherm?nT " wrote in
message ...
[...]
Circumcision of those too young to consent is a violation of basic human
rights.

N.b. Not being born Jewish and/or in the US, I have no personal
complaint
on the matter.

Even a stopped clock like Mr. Sherman is sometimes quite correct.
Circumcision is an abomination. It is only done because doctors believe it
will lessen the chances of venereal disease, but if you are not poking your
penis where it doesn't belong, what is there to prevent.

What circumcision does is limit sexual pleasure, if that matters to you.
Nature does not make many mistakes over the course of several million years
of evolution. Whenever I get to thinking that Jews are smart, I realize all
over again that they are just as stupid as any of the rest of us. Hey,
welcome to the club!

Ed Dolan occasionally gets things right.

As a Jew I agree. Circumcision is genital mutilation and should be
banned.
Old April 4th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Why Have a Sore Posterior?

"dgk" wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 19:39:03 -0500, Tºm ShermªnT °_°
" wrote:

On 4/3/2011 12:01 PM, aka Andrés Muro wrote:
[...]
I've never understand why I exercise the way I do. Its not really for
competition cause I never race. Its almost dorky. I do something
repeatedly that looks stupid to my wife and probably to many others.
Its painful. But, but, but.. I am addicted. Its like being an
alcoholic. Once you are addicted, it stops being fun. But if you don't
do it, you feel like crap.

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk."

Alcoholics attend cult meetings where belief in a sky god is an integral
part of the program.

Actually, that's belief in a higher power, not necessarily some old
dude in a white robe. I'm pretty agnostic so maybe there is an old
dude in a white robe, but it's more likely some form of giant rhubarb.

Mr. Tom Sherman pretends to be at least 10 times dumber than he actually is.
It is mainly his attempts at wit that cross him up. When and if he attempts
to be serious he is almost as smart as Ed Dolan the Great. But even so he
never approaches Ed Dolan's inimitable cussedness. I reign supreme in that
domain. I attribute it all to my Irish ancestry. Poor Tom Sherman only has
his Danish ancestry to fall back on.

Old April 4th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Dan O wrote:

Nothing against recumbents, and fun is where you find it, but I don't
"cycle" (my washing machine does), I Ride Bike, which for me involves
a lot of tight maneuvers and throwing the thing around, which
recumbents just aren't so well suited to.

After a couple of miserable days on a BikeE, I was more than ready to
throw the thing around. Like out in the street in front of an
oncoming bus.

Chalo
Old April 4th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Chalo" wrote in message
Dan O wrote:

Nothing against recumbents, and fun is where you find it, but I don't
"cycle" (my washing machine does), I Ride Bike, which for me involves
a lot of tight maneuvers and throwing the thing around, which
recumbents just aren't so well suited to.

After a couple of miserable days on a BikeE, I was more than ready to
throw the thing around. Like out in the street in front of an
oncoming bus.

Chalo, the BikeE was one of the worst recumbents I ever rode in my life. The
seat was a disaster. I could only ride it for about 5 minutes.

Most recumbents today are a great improvement on that miserable bike. But
even so, you have to shop for the recumbent that will be comfortable for
you. If it is not 100% comfortable, then flee from it as you would the
Devil. The whole point of a recumbent is comfort. Everything else is
secondary.

Old April 4th 11, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Apr 4, 12:47 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Andres, I am serious, you are ready for a recumbent! Pain and suffering is
the beginning of all wisdom and as a Jewish person (or at least of Jewish
heritage) I know that you know that! Now get with it and stop making
excuses. It will be the best money you ever spent in your life.

I'll probably give one a try eventually. However, as the dweeb that I

am (and believe me, I really do recognize my idiocy), I am still into
riding hard, and going fast (well, not really that fast). I also ride
with friends that like to go fast too. We form this stupid pacelines
and each one of us takes turns until we are about to puke and then we
switch. We also dress in idiotic garb that makes us look like morons
despite their usefulness. I am addicted to this.

At some point I may become addicted to riding sitting down or laying

down. I'm not there yet.

Yes, it takes some time before you can come to a decision about it. The most
wonderful thing about recumbents is that you can ride them into your old
age. And such bicycles will keep you younger and healthier than you would
otherwise be. Most folks sooner or later give up on uprights. It is just a
matter or time. Eventually your body says to hell with it.