The Rebellin Hoax

Old November 11th 04, 06:21 PM
Badger South

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:29:10 GMT, "Warren" wrote:

B. Lafferty wrote:
Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:

[snip]

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video
surveillance on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin was
allegedly filmed receiving a syringe containing a banned substance,
while at the end of the month, he was allegedly videoed injecting
himself with EPO in his hotel room in Bassano del Grappa. Rebellin has
always maintained his innocence.

How can you tell from a video what is in a syringe? It could be vitamins.

-WG

Method of administration?

Most EPO preparations are administered by IV, but there is a subcutaneous
type.

Here's more than you probably wanted to know (.pdf format)

http://www.procrit.com/common/prescr...ritBooklet.pdf

-B

Old November 11th 04, 06:28 PM
Warren

B. Lafferty wrote:
Suddenly, a great year. Now we know why. From CyclingNews:
[snip]

The trial was initiated on the basis of phone tapping and video
surveillance on the riders in question. During May, 2001, Rebellin

was
allegedly filmed receiving a syringe containing a banned substance,
while at the end of the month, he was allegedly videoed injecting
himself with EPO in his hotel room in Bassano del Grappa. Rebellin

has
always maintained his innocence.

How can you tell from a video what is in a syringe? It could be vitamins.

-WG

Method of administration?

Most EPO preparations are administered by IV, but there is a subcutaneous
type.

Again, so what? Saline is frequently given to bike racers by IV. This helps
with more rapid rehydration.

-WG

Old November 11th 04, 07:07 PM
Badger South

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:28:40 GMT, "Warren" wrote:

Method of administration?

Most EPO preparations are administered by IV, but there is a subcutaneous
type.

Again, so what? Saline is frequently given to bike racers by IV. This helps
with more rapid rehydration.

-WG

Don't misunderstand my comment to mean I'm in favor of this 'blame shift'
paradigm, nor that I think you can tell by scanning through a spotting
scope hidden in a room across the street! I totally agree, it's a big 'so
what'. Surely the guys wouldn't be dumb enough to do it in front of an open
window, or to have syringes labeled 'Procrit/EPOgen'? No of course not.
They should demand a photograph, notarized to prove it wasn't photoshopped.

Sadly, if we didn't know before, we now know that phone tapping and private
eye surveillance is considered fair game.

Would be hilarious if they did a reverse sting, though. You know WADA
official caught in bed with "Mango"... ;-)

-B
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id...f=biog&intl=us

Old November 11th 04, 07:16 PM
Warren

"Badger South" wrote in message

Would be hilarious if they did a reverse sting, though. You know WADA
official caught in bed with "Mango"... ;-)

"But, but, but, there are no drugs here! Only Mango!
Mango want to dance the Dick Pound dance!"

-Wg

Old November 11th 04, 08:01 PM
Stewart Fleming

Badger South wrote:

Method of administration?
Most EPO preparations are administered by IV, but there is a subcutaneous
type.

Eddy Mazzoleni is the expert in the peloton on subcutaneous
administration, allegedly. His sister is the one that gets the
testoterone injections.

Old November 11th 04, 08:10 PM
gym gravity

Warren wrote:

"Badger South" wrote in message

Would be hilarious if they did a reverse sting, though. You know WADA
official caught in bed with "Mango"... ;-)

"But, but, but, there are no drugs here! Only Mango!
Mango want to dance the Dick Pound dance!"

-Wg

Nina Blackburn : They say it's the quiet ones that you have to watch out
for.
Tasty Taste : And if you've noticed I ain't said **** for a couple
minutes now.

Rebellin [email protected] Racing 0 August 1st 04 04:11 PM
Rebellin Hot!! Davey Crockett Racing 8 April 23rd 04 12:15 AM