long neck?

Old November 23rd 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

Default long neck?

I can see it braking near the crown also, though, but not on the welds.

every bike frame i have ever broken has been on or around the weld.

[image: http://www.m-gineering.nl/giant.jpg]

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
Old November 23rd 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

unicyclepa;1136170 wrote:
every bike frame i have ever broken has been on or around the weld.

[image: http://www.m-gineering.nl/giant.jpg]

Does that look like a very good weld to you? Its terrible. lol.

--
SHAY_CAM

*UNICYCLE FOR _YOURSELF._ *
Old November 24th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

SHAY_CAM;1136357 wrote:
Does that look like a very good weld to you? Its terrible. lol.

Looks pretty much like aluminum. You can't do beautilful weld like
steel with alu.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
Old November 24th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

Does that look like a very good weld to you? Its terrible. lol.

I speak form experience and you speak from your ass

Old November 24th 08, 08:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

unicyclepa;1136466 wrote:
I speak form experience and you speak from your ass

Or you get proven wrong, so you get angry and call people rude names.

--
SHAY_CAM

*UNICYCLE FOR _YOURSELF._ *
Old November 24th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

How did you prove me wrong? I am the only one with any evidence to back
my clams. Also what "rude name" did i call you?

Old November 24th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

SHAY_CAM;1136837 wrote:
Or you get proven wrong, so you get angry and call people rude names.

Dude,

If you don't know much about a subject don't go spouting about it as if
you do!

Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Old November 24th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

Im not spouting anything.

My thoughts were it would break near the welds or where the seatpost is
inside the frame. Thats it. I know a bit about welding, and i know for a
fact that welding with aluminum is not hard for an expert and can weld
with it just easily as steel. Those were some really bad welds on that
frame.

Diagram anyone?

[image:
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...08738_6lo.jpg]

The difference between good and bad welds he
[image:
http://images.customclassictrucks.co...ng_guide+.jpg]

Top is a good weld, bottom is a not so good weld.

--
SHAY_CAM

*UNICYCLE FOR _YOURSELF._ *
Old November 24th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

SHAY_CAM;1134248 wrote:
Yeah, if it were to stap i would think it would be near the seatpost
clamp area.

SHAY_CAM;1137006 wrote:
My thoughts were it would break near the welds or where the seatpost is
inside the frame.

So, basically, you're saying that it can break at the seatpost clamp,
but not on the welds, and it could break near the crown, or besides the
seatpost, and also near the welds.

How about you just say that the frame can break?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old November 24th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

SHAY_CAM;1137006 wrote:
Top is a good weld, bottom is a not so good weld.

Are you sure?

''Cause the page you hotlinked that image from says the opposite.'
(http://tinyurl.com/5g6fmr)