Headset Compatability: Chris King vs ?

Old May 11th 04, 01:21 AM
KLydesdale

Default Headset Compatability: Chris King vs ?

"PeteCresswell" wrote in message
om...
...Chris King was trying to tighten up the distribution of their stuff
in an attempt to control discounting.

Another reason to buy another brand....

Let me know how long those other brands last for you. I've got a CK headset
from about 1997 that's been through two owners and three frames already and
is still going strong. I won't begrudge the company $10-20 more for a
product that more than lives up to it's reputation

Another reason Chris King is trying to tighten up distribution of their
stuff is to make sure that they get installed properly . I guess too many
people were buying them through on-line discounters, messing up the
installation and then expecting CK to replace things under warranty.

Old May 11th 04, 05:31 AM
miles todd

PeteCresswell wrote:

Heck, I have a ziploc bag full of the damned things. Gimme $5 and I'll
mail you one.

Flip a U.S. mail address to 20040520.fatbelly.cotse.net.

I'll mail you twenty bucks for 4.

That doesn't look like an email address to me... but maybe I'm just not
seeing the @ for some reason...

Miles (All 1 1/8"?)

Old May 11th 04, 01:41 PM
PeteCresswell

Church of the swimming elephant?

Yes.
Old May 12th 04, 02:44 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
That doesn't look like an email address to me... but maybe I'm just not
seeing the @ for some reason...

RCI by Yours Truly. SB
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 12th 04, 02:46 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/

This thread has lost me. Will you have CK headsets on both bikes, or are
you looking to use another brand with a CK lower race?

I assumed that you'd like to have a different brand of headset which would
use a CK lower race.

I've got CK on two bikes. Got one frame laying in the corner with no headset.
Soon gonna have a fourth frame - replacement for my FS.

What I'd like is fork interchangability among all 4 frames - without migrating
headsets.
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 12th 04, 03:15 AM

http://www.cambriabike.com/head_sets...crown_race.htm

--

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.