Upright versus laid back (was Bitter Irony...)

Old November 2nd 08, 02:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Upright versus laid back (was Bitter Irony...)

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

What's wrong with that? At least he's a normal male, what do you watch a
male meteorologist with tight fitting pants?
Remember, Tom rides a recumbent. I don't think that that makes him a
normal male.

Yeah, it is the upright male cyclists that display their posteriors

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey, I'm not /always/ upright. Just when I'm in the mood.
Or when I wake up in the morning.

But you are upright when you ride, unless you have gone over to the
"Dark Side" without telling us.

covered in stretch fabric, while the recumbent rider sits modestly on a
seat.

A fairing provides even more modesty:

One could slouch totally hidden within the coffin-like
confines of a velomobile, too. OTOH, those things
look a little too phallically ... compensating.

Size does matter.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 2nd 08, 03:13 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

What's wrong with that? At least he's a normal male, what do you
watch a
male meteorologist with tight fitting pants?
Remember, Tom rides a recumbent. I don't think that that makes him a
normal male.
Yeah, it is the upright male cyclists that display their posteriors

Do not rile Saint Edward the Great! Human males in their physical aspects
are all ugly baboons and never worth mentioning!

Hey, I'm not /always/ upright. Just when I'm in the mood.
Or when I wake up in the morning.

But you are upright when you ride, unless you have gone over to the "Dark
Side" without telling us.

covered in stretch fabric, while the recumbent rider sits modestly on a
seat.

A fairing provides even more modesty:

One could slouch totally hidden within the coffin-like
confines of a velomobile, too. OTOH, those things
look a little too phallically ... compensating.

Size does matter.

Second warning - do not rile Saint Edward the Great! This discussion of male
attributes borders on being disgusting and revolting. The fact is that only
rather young females have any physical attributes worth discussing.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 17th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Luddite Wacko[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} Size does matter.
}
} Second warning - do not rile Saint Edward the Great! This discussion
} of male attributes borders on being disgusting and revolting. The
} fact is that only rather young females have any physical attributes
} worth discussing.
}
} Regards,
}
} Ed Dolan

A recent study demonstrated that homophobes became more aroused from
homoerotica than individuals who expoused tolerance or indifference. The
more homophobic, the more aroused they became. In other words, stay in
your log cabin or risk being compared to Larry Craig.
Old November 18th 08, 12:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 17, 11:23 am, Luddite Wacko wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} Size does matter.
}
} Second warning - do not rile Saint Edward the Great! This discussion
} of male attributes borders on being disgusting and revolting. The
} fact is that only rather young females have any physical attributes
} worth discussing.
}
} Regards,
}
} Ed Dolan

A recent study demonstrated that homophobes became more aroused from
homoerotica than individuals who expoused tolerance or indifference. The
more homophobic, the more aroused they became. In other words, stay in
your log cabin or risk being compared to Larry Craig.

Shhhhh! Please don't out us. We keep our homoerotic fantasies
repressed enough and then when they start manifesting themselves, we
hide them. Why do you think that we like uprights and not recumbents?

Unprights require that people wear these tight shorts while recumbents
allow for people to wear regular shorts. Also, following a recumbent
we see the back of a chair. Following upright cyclists in tights, we
get to see their butts. All of us are a bunch of closeted queers, so,
please, keep it down.
Old November 18th 08, 04:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

aka Andres Muro wrote:
On Nov 17, 11:23 am, Luddite Wacko wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} Size does matter.
}
[...]

Exactly! [1]

On a more serious note, following a high bottom bracket [2] recumbent is
different in that one can not tell if the rider is pedaling or not.

[1] Note emoticon.
[2] Or fully faired.

Old November 18th 08, 05:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Chalo

Tom Sherman wrote:

On a more serious note, following a high bottom bracket [2] recumbent is
different in that one can not tell if the rider is pedaling or not.
[...]
[2] Or fully faired.

It's easy to tell whether any kind of 'bent rider is pedaling or
not.

If he's wobbling back and forth rhythmically, barely in control of his
machine, he's pedaling.

If he's wobbling back and forth at random, barely in control of his
machine, he's coasting.

HTH,

Chalo
Old November 18th 08, 10:30 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} Size does matter.
}
} Second warning - do not rile Saint Edward the Great! This discussion
} of male attributes borders on being disgusting and revolting. The
} fact is that only rather young females have any physical attributes
} worth discussing.
}
} Regards,
}
} Ed Dolan

A recent study demonstrated that homophobes became more aroused from
homoerotica than individuals who expoused tolerance or indifference. The
more homophobic, the more aroused they became. In other words, stay in
your log cabin or risk being compared to Larry Craig.

Saint Edward the Great is only aroused by visions of the Saints. He is soon
going to join that heavenly host Himself. I leave you to consort with your
fellow male baboons and young comely maidens. In case you didn't know it,
they are two seperate species of beings. I ask you, do monkeys mate with
gorillas (or in your case, an orangutan)?

Old November 18th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Dane Buson

In rec.bicycles.misc Chalo wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

On a more serious note, following a high bottom bracket [2] recumbent is
different in that one can not tell if the rider is pedaling or not.
[...]
[2] Or fully faired.

It's easy to tell whether any kind of 'bent rider is pedaling or
not.

If he's wobbling back and forth rhythmically, barely in control of his
machine, he's pedaling.

If he's wobbling back and forth at random, barely in control of his
machine, he's coasting.

Now now, that's not fair. Some of them have three wheels and hardly
wobble at all. Which does have the advantage of doubling as a recliner
chair to fall asleep in when one [1] is tired and tipsy and decides to
fall asleep on your trike on your front lawn rather than get up and put
everything away and stumble inside.

[1] Not myself - a friend (even though he rides a recumbent ;-).

--
Dane Buson -
Power corrupts, but intermittent power corrupts absolutely.
Old November 19th 08, 01:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael Press

Tom Sherman wrote:

On a more serious note, following a high bottom bracket [2] recumbent is
different in that one can not tell if the rider is pedaling or not.
[...]
[2] Or fully faired.

It's easy to tell whether any kind of 'bent rider is pedaling or
not.

If he's wobbling back and forth rhythmically, barely in control of his
machine, he's pedaling.

If he's wobbling back and forth at random, barely in control of his
machine, he's coasting.

Now now, that's not fair. Some of them have three wheels and hardly
wobble at all. Which does have the advantage of doubling as a recliner
chair to fall asleep in when one [1] is tired and tipsy and decides to
fall asleep on your trike on your front lawn rather than get up and put
everything away and stumble inside.

Who used to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 every week?

Dr. Forrester: Say, what's the most popular form of
exercise this month, hm? HMM? Well, that's right - the
recumbent bike! As I see it, recumbent creators were
afraid to make it *too* comfortable. Well, I'M not afraid!
TADAH! [He reveals a bicycle basically equipped with a bed]
Dr. Forrester: The ReComfy Bike!
[Frank enters wearing pyjamas and a bike helmet]

TV's Frank: Dr. F, could you tuck me in before my ride?
Dr. Forrester: Of course, Franklin, there you go. Check
out the reading lamp, nightstand and goose-down comforter.
Of course, we might have to ditch the wheels and the
pedals to make room for the ice machine and expresso bar, but...

TV's Frank: Uh, Dr. F, I can't get it to go.

Dr. Forrester: Well, try harder you LOAD!

TV's Frank: Well, there's kind of a lot of stuff here.

Dr. Forrester: [in whiny voice] Oh, there's kind of a lot
of stuff here. Nappy time, don't you think, Frank?
[forcefully tucks Frank in]

Dr. Forrester: Back up to you, Margot.

--
Michael Press