Airzound Horn Advice

Old August 25th 04, 07:38 PM
Calm n Collected

Default Airzound Horn Advice

I am looking for some feedback on owners of Airzound Horn.
How do they hold up.

Thanks.
Old August 25th 04, 08:03 PM
DRS

"Calm n Collected" wrote in message
om
I am looking for some feedback on owners of Airzound Horn.
How do they hold up.

Mine's been great thus far. Then again, it's only about five months old.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 25th 04, 11:28 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Calm n Collected wrote:

I am looking for some feedback on owners of Airzound Horn.
How do they hold up.

Thanks.

I've been using one for about two years. Still works fine.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"Americans are broad-minded people. They'll accept the fact that a
person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a
newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive there's something wrong with him."
Art Buchwald

Old August 25th 04, 11:37 PM
gooserider

"Calm n Collected" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for some feedback on owners of Airzound Horn.
How do they hold up.

Thanks.

I've had mine for two years and it's held up fine. I don't like that the
bottle takes up a cage. I mounted it on my slick tired MTB. I ride a 16 inch
frame and can't mount a cage to my seat tube. That put me down to no
bottles, unless I buy one of those triathlete seat bottle mounts. Don't know
how Delta would make an air horn any other way, though. It does scare the
crap out of dogs though.

Old August 26th 04, 01:06 AM
Badger_South

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:37:57 GMT, "gooserider"
wrote:

"Calm n Collected" wrote in message
. com...
I am looking for some feedback on owners of Airzound Horn.
How do they hold up.

Thanks.

I've had mine for two years and it's held up fine. I don't like that the
bottle takes up a cage. I mounted it on my slick tired MTB. I ride a 16 inch
frame and can't mount a cage to my seat tube. That put me down to no
bottles, unless I buy one of those triathlete seat bottle mounts. Don't know
how Delta would make an air horn any other way, though. It does scare the
crap out of dogs though.

I would think the primary use of this kind of extra loud horn would be on
the rare occasion when you have a fair amt of time to see a traffic
problem, but the driver still hasn't spotted you.

But I don't understand how it would scare dogs, being non-directional. In
fact how do you keep it from scaring the crap out of yourself? Not that I
don't believe you at all, I'm just curious, especially since most dog
encounters occure from the rear quarter. I'd love to have something
directional, and sometimes carry a cheapo hand-held air horn in the front
pouch. The one time I tried to use it though it didn't work, possibly since
I had it point back behind me and thus upside down. I kept pressing the
button and nothing happened - probably not meant for upside down use.

-B

Old August 26th 04, 01:58 AM
Mike Schwab

Have 3 on three bikes, touring, road, recumbent. I did not like the
water bottle cage either. So I take a tie strap and put around the
bottle below the cap. I put another around the handlebar and through
the tie strap on the bottle. Had a wreck and landed on bottle, crease
had leaks. Used 16 oz soda bottle as replacement without problems upto
60 psi.

Old August 27th 04, 02:58 AM
Calm n Collected

wrote:

"Calm n Collected" wrote in message
. com...
I am looking for some feedback on owners of Airzound Horn.
How do they hold up.

Thanks.

I would think the primary use of this kind of extra loud horn would be on
the rare occasion when you have a fair amt of time to see a traffic
problem, but the driver still hasn't spotted you.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone has given.

I plan on using it to toot at intersections. There are too many
drivers
who are in a hurry, aren't paying attention, etc. I am using it mainly
for
those who don't look when making a right turn at a red light. A little
2 many close calls for me. :-) I will probably get a front strobe
light as well. I can usually find less traveled roads.

But I don't understand how it would scare dogs, being non-directional. In
fact how do you keep it from scaring the crap out of yourself? Not that I
don't believe you at all, I'm just curious, especially since most dog
encounters occure from the rear quarter. I'd love to have something

Dogs are easy to train as it's usually the same one. Prior to getting
there,
pick up a rock. You know the rest. Once is all I have ever had to do
it.

Haven't yet figured out a way for drivers. :-)
Old August 27th 04, 10:23 AM
gooserider

wrote:

[...]

Loud and scary isn't affected by direction. Just as dogs respond to a loud
NO, they respond to the 110db horn. Works well. Hurts their ears, I think.

Accident/Insurance advice marcusl Australia 21 July 1st 04 09:23 AM
!!!Advice On Wheel Selection Please!!! Ryan Bates Racing 2 June 11th 04 12:59 AM
Sounding off: On unsound wheels and sound advice Luke Techniques 10 May 15th 04 08:12 PM
Advice on a New Bike Paul_Rawlings UK 6 January 17th 04 07:34 PM
1st aid advice needed please Sofa Unicycling 16 September 15th 03 01:03 AM