A friendly wave

Old August 25th 04, 08:00 PM
Frank Krygowski

Chalo wrote:

What are slow-witted conservatives going to start with next-- trying
to discredit folks of superior intellect for having bad gums? Lactose
intolerance maybe?

Hey, hey, hey! Don't go dragging lactose intolerance into this! People
with lactose intolerance have suffered enough!

("No ice cream stop for me, thanks.")

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com.
Substitute cc dot ysu dot

Old August 25th 04, 08:00 PM
Peter Cole

"Chalo" wrote

How come every time I get to arguing with a pinhead war buff, he winds
up running out of articulable ideas and just calls me a faggot,
Communist, or-- my favorite-- fat. Like that makes any valid point or
could even hurt my feelings? Weird.

Too bad he didn't call you a "Nazi", then (under Usenet rules) we could
declare this thread dead. "Fat" should be added to the terminator list anyway,
it's even less clever than "Nazi".

Old August 25th 04, 08:17 PM
David Reuteler

Peter Cole wrote:
"Chalo" wrote

How come every time I get to arguing with a pinhead war buff, he winds
up running out of articulable ideas and just calls me a faggot,
Communist, or-- my favorite-- fat. Like that makes any valid point or
could even hurt my feelings? Weird.

Too bad he didn't call you a "Nazi", then (under Usenet rules) we could
declare this thread dead. "Fat" should be added to the terminator list anyway,
it's even less clever than "Nazi".

nazi.
--
david reuteler

Old August 25th 04, 09:54 PM
S o r n i

David Reuteler wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:

Too bad he didn't call you a "Nazi", then (under Usenet rules) we
could declare this thread dead. "Fat" should be added to the
terminator list anyway, it's even less clever than "Nazi".

nazi.

Fat Nazi.

Bill "done and done" S.

Old August 28th 04, 04:15 PM
TomP

I'm top posting because I don't want to change what Chalo wrote.

Any who, Chalo, I wave or give "the Nod" to all cyclists I pass on the
road. And, I take no umbrage with those that don't nod or wave back. I
figure they just didn't see me.
As far as motorcyclists go, I don't make an effort to wave, simply because
they are usually too far away to even notice me. However, when I stop
next to a bitch'n bike at a stoplight I do give the rider their "props" on
a bike well done.
(I'm soon to rejoin the motorcycle brotherhood myself.)

Oh yea, I wear "the cyclists uniform" too.

Chalo wrote:

I spend more time on my motorbike than on my pushbikes most weeks, and
I get to take part in the motorcyclists' quaint tradition of waving to
each other when they pass on the road. (VW bus drivers do this too, I
remember.) Rare is the motorcyclist who intentionally refuses this
gesture to his two-wheeled motoring brethren. Even racer-wannabees
and outlaw-biker-wannabees, otherwise largely at odds, will extend the
hand of greeting to each other in passing.

Being in the habit of delivering the friendly wave at a second's
notice, I often find myself waving to bicyclists when out riding my
own bicycle.

Yesterday, I was riding my big blue chopper Babe down the waterfront
bike lanes to meet some of my Dead Baby Bikes club compatriots.
Riding high and mighty, and sporting my club colors, I was making a
point of delivering the wave to all the cyclists who passed my way. A
lot of them, maybe most, replied in kind. Many did not, and most of
those seemed willful about it. No big deal, of course, but there was
something in common with all those who did not wave or smile or say
hello.

To a one, those riders who seemed to ignore my greeting were Cycling
Enthusiasts in uniform-- wearing Lycra in colors not found in nature,
topped with styrofoam hats, riding road bikes of recent vintage and
uncomfortable-looking rider position. Along with their regalia they
wore expressions between serious and grim. They rode by, all of them,
as if they failed to notice the near-7-foot, near-400-pound guy on a
6-foot tall chopper waving to them as they passed.

Yet all the other folks on bikes (the ones wearing mostly real
clothes, regardless of the type of bike or speed with which they rode)
had some kind of acknowledging response, mostly very friendly.

Is this consistent with anyone else's experience?

Are folks who wear "Superduperbikeman" getups playing some character
role from which they fear to depart?

What's the deal?

Chalo Colina

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old August 30th 04, 01:53 AM
Chris BeHanna

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:00:29 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Chalo wrote:

What are slow-witted conservatives going to start with next-- trying
to discredit folks of superior intellect for having bad gums? Lactose
intolerance maybe?

Hey, hey, hey! Don't go dragging lactose intolerance into this! People
with lactose intolerance have suffered enough!

A mild form of lactose intolerance provides its own cure for uninvited
wheel-suckers.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer (Remove "allspammersmustdie" before responding.)

I was raised by a pack of wild corn dogs.