Car colour vs bicycle passing space study

Old August 22nd 05, 12:51 PM
Mike Causer

Default Car colour vs bicycle passing space study

Objective: Because anecdotal evidence indicates
that the behaviour of cars (and their drivers) with
respect to bicycles is highly variable, this study
was undertaken to determine whether car colour
correlates with the space allowed by the driver for
passing a bicycle.

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/reprint/159/12/1461.pdf

Mike
Old August 23rd 05, 09:07 AM
wafflycat

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2005.08.22.11.51.42.95545@firstnamelastna me.com.invalid...

Objective: Because anecdotal evidence indicates
that the behaviour of cars (and their drivers) with
respect to bicycles is highly variable, this study
was undertaken to determine whether car colour
correlates with the space allowed by the driver for
passing a bicycle.

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/reprint/159/12/1461.pdf

Mike

I like the discription of figure 2...

"Fig. 2: Pretty chart showing the numbers of cars of various colours whose
behaviour earned them a "good" or "bad" rating."

And that of the author...

"Dr. Hurst is a physician with Medical Services, British Columbia Institute
of Technology, and a cyclist who is only too familiar with the hazards of
sharing the road with automobiles and buses."

That description speaks volumes!

Cheers, helen s

Old August 23rd 05, 09:15 AM
Tony Raven

wafflycat wrote:

And that of the author...

"Dr. Hurst is a physician with Medical Services, British Columbia
Institute of Technology, and a cyclist who is only too familiar with the
hazards of sharing the road with automobiles and buses."

That description speaks volumes!

Yes, clear conflict of interests ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old August 23rd 05, 12:29 PM
Alan Braggins

In article , Tony Raven wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
"Dr. Hurst is a physician with Medical Services, British Columbia
Institute of Technology, and a cyclist who is only too familiar with the
hazards of sharing the road with automobiles and buses."

That description speaks volumes!

Yes, clear conflict of interests ;-)

It was the "Design: Randomized recollection" I liked.

Bicycleism Bicycleism Social Issues 1 July 19th 05 01:58 PM
Top Gear Driving Song David Martin UK 38 June 1st 05 05:05 PM
police say it is illegal to ride bicycle on the street [email protected] General 16 April 18th 05 08:20 PM
Does public health care pay for your head injuries? John Doe UK 187 November 30th 04 02:51 PM