colors

Old August 24th 04, 12:36 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message ...

Sheeesh, It looked to me like Value Village had a team.
--

Where's that village?

Anyway, if you need help with this just check out
some photos of Gimondi at the '73 tour of Lombardy
or Saronni at the '83 Milan-San Remo.

That's how we do it.

Old August 24th 04, 03:45 PM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"H" wrote in message m...

I don't know about Saronni. He always looks like he is exerting
himself too much. Too much sweat...
http://tinyurl.com/5osfg

You would sweat too if you had to time trial back
in the days of Francesco Moser.

Moser was a good competitor, unlike today's riders,
look at this year's TdF prologue in Liege, it took
Fabian Cancellara more than 6' to ride 6.1 km! And
Lance must have stopped for a coffee, he took
forever to ride it at 6.52'.

Stage 19 time trial in Besancon was just as slow,
Lance took over an hour and six minutes just to
ride the 55 km course, and the so called great
Uwe Peschel was almost 6 and a half minutes
slower than Lance!

These guys have no pride anymore, they are just
saving themselves for the next stage, back in my day
we rode stage race time trials flat out!

Old August 24th 04, 04:59 PM
Pat Lamb

the black rose wrote:
Yeah, but don't you ever ride in situations where you WANT to be seen? I
like to wear brightly colored tee shirts for the visibility. When it's
nasty, I don my neon pink rain jacket. I just really want to be so
visible that the motorists have no excuses.

How about "I didn't see you?" at 12:45 on a sunny afternoon, wearing a
yellow jersey?
(http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...0/10_2549D.jpg,
size XXL, if you can believe it!)

It did help with the witness, the cops, and the insurance adjuster,
though. I can't remember who said it first, but drivers just don't SEE
cyclists -- we're not the shape of a car, truck, or SUV.

I do want to be seen. Although I have a red and a blue jersey, they get
worn most often under a yellow rain jacket. The yellow, green, and high
vis are what I wear most often.

Pat
Old August 25th 04, 06:03 AM
Jeff Starr

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:59:07 -0500, Pat Lamb
wrote:

the black rose wrote:
Yeah, but don't you ever ride in situations where you WANT to be seen? I
like to wear brightly colored tee shirts for the visibility. When it's
nasty, I don my neon pink rain jacket. I just really want to be so
visible that the motorists have no excuses.

How about "I didn't see you?" at 12:45 on a sunny afternoon, wearing a
yellow jersey?
(http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...0/10_2549D.jpg,
size XXL, if you can believe it!)

It did help with the witness, the cops, and the insurance adjuster,
though. I can't remember who said it first, but drivers just don't SEE
cyclists -- we're not the shape of a car, truck, or SUV.

I do want to be seen. Although I have a red and a blue jersey, they get
worn most often under a yellow rain jacket. The yellow, green, and high
vis are what I wear most often.

Pat

Hi, I was wearing a Performance sleeveless skeleton jersey in, you
guessed it - yellow!
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...0/10_3653B.jpg
The driver never saw me, she made a u-turn right in front of me. Blue
bike, red helmet, and a yellow jersey, at around noon on a sunny
Sunday afternoon. The only witness left, before I got his info, but my
bloody elbow, twisted saddle, and coherent statement was believed. The
old lady[78] who hit me was rude, confused, and unconvincing. The
insurance company, settled without a fight. She had driven past me,
moved over to the right lane, signaled and made a u-turn, never seeing
me.I had moved to the left, when she went to the right, but she had
just passed me.
I don't know how much brighter I can be. I am more cautious now,
though.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old August 30th 04, 02:45 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message ink.net...
Lombardy
or Saronni at the '83 Milan-San Remo.

I have an old jersey from the mid-80s that I wear some times -- is that
fashionable now? Whodathunk it?

That's good to hear.

We are doing the retro thing on training rides now.

I go out in my La Redoute/Motobecane jersey and lace up Detto shoes.
Just don't make the mistake of strapping those Styrofoam things on your
head like alot of riders do these days. A good cotton retro team cap from
that eroa is what you need.

Go the whole way, Columbus SL tubing and non-aero brake levers.