TODAY'S CYCLE NEWS

Old May 19th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom_Sherman

Default TODAY'S CYCLE NEWS

datakoll aka Gene Daniels wrote:

Hint: Orangutang

Sorni is a "man of the forest"?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old May 19th 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom_Sherman

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
RobertH wrote:

On May 2, 9:30 am, Tom_Sherman
wrote:

How does one land in a crash to break a collarbone?

Two ways. By landing with the arm outstretched and stiff, or by
landing directly on the shoulder.

Do not bother. Sherman is making his usual recumbent
bicycle point again, and again, and again ...

I have gone over the bars twice on an upright bicycle, and both times I
only sustained injuries to my head [1].

[1] Superficial only, for the peanut gallery.

Old May 19th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On May 16, 12:16*am, Carl Sundquist wrote:
datakoll wrote:
TGI?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/16/sp...ing.html?ref=g....

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...-CYC-Giro.html

INTEL inside ?

what about the urine ?

"IT'S NOT ABOUT THE URINE" ISBN 0-399-14611-3

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-About-.../dp/0399146113

May we recommend:

http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=au%...ng&qt=advanced

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/3972505...=brief_results

Old May 19th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
Tom_Sherman wrote:

datakoll AKA GENE DANIELS wrote:
EVERYMAN SHOULD KNOW HIS LIMITS

Limits are covered in first semester calculus.

Oh, merciful heavens, I hope so. Do they still?

--
Michael Press
Old May 20th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

yes, and YNW is one of the townsfolk, Mr Modulus.
Old May 20th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

giro giro nice photo where's muh testa rossa ?

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...tml?ref=sports

Old May 22nd 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Zabriskie 118 ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/sp...tml?ref=sports
Old May 23rd 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/attack

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...tml?ref=sports

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/23/sp...r=1&ref=sports

Old May 23rd 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone

On 3 May, 04:19, RonSonic wrote:
On Sat, 02 May 2009 10:30:52 -0500, Tom_Sherman

wrote:
datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
NYT has readable material for all
[...]
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/01/sp...cycling.html?r...
[...]

How does one land in a crash to break a collarbone? I almost always land
on my butt when crashing.

Two different ways. The pro's manage by flying off bikes and sliding into stuff
at such high speeds stuffs gonna break. Oh, and like the article said by having
zilcho in the upper body strength. A lot of these guys are way off the bell
curve in nutrition and fitness and it isn't exactly agile people who take up the
suffer sports.

Ordinary people do it by extending an arm to catch themselves when they fall.
The elbow locks out transfers impact to the shoulder, collarbone gives. Best
thing to learn, do not try to stiff-arm the planet.

If I've had time, I've tried to slap down at least with by forearm if
not my palm. I think that spinal flexibility though had always
protected me more than slapping the road. When there has been no time
or I've been in a head on collision, I've tried to make a tuck, to
protect my head.

today's big news bar Racing 33 April 24th 09 09:03 AM
Crap Cycle Lanes hit the News Mark T[_2_] UK 5 February 27th 08 11:45 AM
Today's Cycle Ride Tom Crispin UK 5 October 19th 07 02:52 PM
Some GOOD news about a cycle path for a change! John Burns UK 6 October 18th 05 02:03 PM
Today's news Richard Goodman UK 13 January 28th 04 07:45 PM